Responsible for the Subcontractor performance and oversight operations of airfield management facilities and services to provide a safe, efficient, and effective airfield environment for aircraft operations and provides direct oversight of the sub- contractor and management of all personnel working in the Airfield.
Responsible for Oversight of the following Task:
- Plans, organizes and directs airfield activities to Labor, Materials and other supplies required for Airfield Safety and ATC Operations.
- Procures, maintains, and produces information on safe operation of aircraft system such as Flight Information Publications, aeronautical charts and maps, NOTAM (Notice to Airmen), local airfield and navigational aid status and weather information.
- Conducts airfield inspections in accordance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Responsible for supervising airfield maintenance and construction projects.
- Responsible for generating dispatching; implementing airfield safety procedures; generating facility duty schedules to support airfield operating hours.
- Coordinate hazardous cargo and live fire device movements.
- Coordinates with bases agencies to meet aircrew requirements for billeting, messing, refueling, transportation, and transient aircraft maintenance.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Manager to ensure all facilities of airfield remain in operational conditions.
- Determine operational restrictions or hazards to flight and communication facility and advise airfield management; ensure implementation of Bird/Wildlife Aircraft Strike Hazard plan.
- Identify flight safety issues including violations of airfield clearing criteria and hazards to arriving, departing, and parked aircraft; assess damage to airfield property; and monitor necessary actions to repair and reopen airfield facilities.
- Coordinate with military, federal, international, and local agencies concerning flight planning, training route utilization, flight movement messages, search/ rescue operations, and base contingency/operational plans.
- Advise military and civilian agencies on closure of runways, taxiways, aircraft parking aprons/spots, airfield repairs/construction, and availability of airfield lighting/navigational aid systems.
- Coordinate with airfield management regarding emergency situations on airfield.
- Ensure procedures in local weather support directives include notifying AMOPS (Airfield Management Operations) section of hazardous weather conditions and emergency information is relayed to required agencies.
- Conduct accident and injury investigations to determine root causes of the incident, and prepares reports of findings.
- Responsible for managing work schedules, monitoring work performance, ordering supplies, and maintenance of equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Must be CAC eligible and/or able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have an Active Security Clearance
- A valid home country driver’s license and the ability to obtain and/or maintain a U.S. Government Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and Kuwait Driver’s License.
- Must be able to maintain USG Network access privilege.
- Graduate of an approved DoD/Advanced Airfield Managers course or equivalent.
- Four (4) years of Airfield Management experience with a minimum of six (6) years of total airfield operations experience in airfield operations of similar scope and level of responsibility.
- Documented experience with ICAO procedures.
- Experience implementing airfield safety procedures; generating and facilitating airfield flight line drivers programs, managing local flight information publications, and validating and publishing NOTAMs.
- Experience conducting airfield inspections in accordance with applicable rules and regulations is required.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, instructions, and directives pertaining to airfield planning and design criteria, aircraft operations, and airfield management
- Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures
- Skill in analyzing, planning, and adjusting work operations to meet program requirements and objectives within available resources
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical, or biological agents.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.