Operations Lead - Wanham, AB, CA
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
What you will do:
- Assist in the daily operation of the Branch
- Maintain facility assets in a safe manner
- Provide customer service for internal and external customers
- Comply with all Nutrien Ag Solutions' and Industry regulatory and EH&S standards at all times
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff and customers
- Unload, load and deliver agri-products
- Participate in the inventory management and control procedures
- Make recommendations to enhance performance of equipment
- In conjunction with maintenance staff, and/or maintenance contractors performs equipment repair and maintenance
- Operate in accordance with health, safety and fire prevention regulations and practices
- Keep equipment and facilities clean, well-maintained and free of fire hazards
- Perform the responsibilities of other regional operations positions during staff absences in order to optimize the efficiency of regional operations and may require cross training in various positions
- Perform other duties as required
- Grade 12 or recognized equivalent, supplemented with successful completion of Certificate in Agriculture, Agri-Business Certificate, or equivalent post-secondary education
- Demonstrated experience in vocational, agricultural, or a combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 2 years operational experience
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in agri-business and/or other related customer service function
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience, which result in the required level of knowledge, competencies, skills and abilities, may be considered
- Required knowledge/understanding of branch operation and equipment
- Computer skills in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Must possess a valid 1A license
- Previous NH3 experience preferred
- Able to do repairs/lite welding would be a great asset
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran
As the largest producer of potash by capacity and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate, we provide the three key nutrients growers need to produce healthier, more abundant crops. Our retail operations serve growers in seven countries across three continents, with a history that goes back almost 50 years. With 1,500 locations across North America, Australia and South America, and more than 3,300 crop advisors, we are the world's largest direct-to-grower provider of products, services and solutions. Our commitment to innovation and technology, allow us to provide growers with the best products, advice and solutions to maximize yields and improve their bottom line. We operate with a long-term view and are committed to working with our stakeholders as we address our economic, environmental and social priorities. The scale and diversity of our integrated portfolio provides a stable earnings base, multiple avenues for growth and the opportunity to return capital to shareholders, including a stable and growing dividend.
Nutrien | Wanham,