The ideal candidate will lead an equipment engineering team for a 24x7 operations group, with the mission to sustain production equipment. This leader is also responsible to establish and monitor the performance of preventive maintenance programs and drive continuous improvement of equipment metrics. The leader will staff the team as needed and develop the personnel to achieve the objective. This leader must have the ability to influence, motivate, and direct others in a cross-functional team environment to ensure adherence to the established project plans, and be able to perform independently.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to fulfill equipment maintenance and development needs of manufacturing and process engineering. Be the equipment and automation Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Develop and Oversee the Preventive Maintenance (PM) program for manufacturing equipment. Review the program and implement change for improving the equipment performance metrics.
- Work with cross functional groups in process, quality, and cost improvement projects.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop sound concepts and ideas for custom fixtures, jigs, and automated manufacturing equipment.
- Interface with senior management to communicate/ report progress and provide updates regarding the projects.
- Closely monitor progress vs. plan and take action as required to keep projects on track.
- Take ownership of troubleshooting and resolving automation equipment issues.
- Manage spare parts planning and consumption to support maintaining of manufacturing equipment and propose changes to improve operational cost and efficiency.
- Responsible for performing/supporting quality investigations in a timely and detailed manner per applicable investigation procedures.
- Monitor maintenance processes for compliance with Company, FDA, ISO, OSHA and GMP regulations.
- Provide supervision and mentorship to engineers, technicians, and other employee tiers.
- Manage staffing (headcount) to meet equipment maintenance needs and coordinates the tasks for hiring.
- Participate in resolution of non-conformances and corrective and preventive actions.
- Interfaces with outside vendors for equipment purchases. Reviews technical data on equipment to be used for modification or replacement.
- Work with vendors to improve equipment performance and resolve chronic equipment issues
- Conceive and propose creative solutions to solve difficult capacity constraints.
- Practice 5S in MFG areas and ensure that the production tools are maintained in perfect order.
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time
- For people managers, ensure your associates attend and complete all required trainings satisfactorily and on time.
Education and Experience (in years):
- Bachelor’s degree with 9+ years of experience OR
- Master’s degree with 7+ years of experience
Knowledge and skills:
- In depth knowledge and hands-on application/integration of technologies involving motion control, vision system integration, precision actuation, dispensing, precision fabrication, and other tools used in automation
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good Understanding of mechanical design concepts, machinery, Electrical/ Mechanical/ Electromechanical schematics, motors, pumps, vacuum, and hydraulics
- Hands-on equipment maintenance experience with hand tools and machine shop tooling expertise
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. Must be able to stand for several hours. Work may involve repetitive arm/wrist motions.
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant equipment engineering/maintenance experience
- Minimum 2 years of management experience and a proven track record of success
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level
- Plastic Injection Molding
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Lean 5S Manufacturing knowledge
- PLC and Control Systems
- Agile Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Project Management skills
- Vision and Laser Systems
- Equipment retrofit upgrades and qualifications
- Knowledge of SolidWorks
- Life science experience
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.
Microscopes that let researchers see life at 100 nanometers in three dimensions. Dental diagnostics that spot decay as it forms, enabling painless, noninvasive treatments. Disinfection technologies that help ensure safe drinking water at the rate of billions of gallons of water a day. Transaction systems that bring new levels of speed and security to consumers. Network analyzers that link seamlessly with sophisticated software to maximize uptime. Danaher products span some of the most demanding applications in the world, creating new possibilities not only for those who use them, but for millions more who never give them a moment’s thought. In every case, they’re delivering benefits that matter to markets that are eager for innovation. And we are doing it through a customer-centric approach that unites our businesses and has made them global leaders.
Danaher is a Fortune 200, NYSE-listed, science and technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our portfolio of premier brands is among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. Our 59,000 associates around the world serve customers in more than 125 countries. In 2011, we generated $16.1 billion of revenue from five reporting segments: Test & Measurement, Environmental, Dental, Life Sciences & Diagnostics, and Industrial Technologies.