**Engine Workshop Technician/Machinist**
We are looking for an enthusiastic **Engine Workshop Technician/Machinist** to join our team specializing in **Service** for our **Distribution Business Segment in Accra, Ghana** . During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential!
**In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:**
- Applies documented procedures and policies to perform diagnostics and complex engine repairs
- Performs preventative maintenance based on assessment of engine
- Coaches and develops technicians and/or apprentices and transfers knowledge and experience to others; may provide work direction; may review repair plans, parts lists, etc
- Operates Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machine in the repair/refurbishment of engine block and other components.
- Performs preventative maintenance of Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machine(s).
- Escalates emerging operational issues on the Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machine to supervisor.
**To be successful in this role you will need the following:**
- Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (preferred)
- Vocational engineering (NVTI/MVTI) level II & III certification/engineering diploma/engineering degree from relevant technical institution/university.
- At least 2 year experience using Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machines (preferred)
- Advanced level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
**Primary Location** Ghana-Greater Accra-Accra-Ghana, Accra, Cummins Distributor
**Job Type** Shop
**Recruitment Job Type** Technician
**Job Posting** Apr 13, 2021, 2:45:32 PM
**Unposting Date** Ongoing
**Req ID:** 210001O7
Cummins Inc., a global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,800 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.48 billion on sales of $17.3 billion in 2013.
Cummins Inc | Accra,