This position provides supervision and work direction over several operating sites in the ACM Central Region of MI to include managing daily operations in accordance with LafargeHolcim policies and applicable laws to ensure production of shippable product to meet customer demand in a timely and cost effective manner. The position manages production schedules, materials requirements, budgeting and staffing needs.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Practice and promote safety in such way as including but not limited to; assessing risks before starting tasks, only performing authorized activities, utilizing appropriate PPE and mentoring others to do as well.
- Ensure an understanding and compliance with company policies and procedures, and hold employees accountable for such.
- Responsible for ensuring contractor safety through proper training and monitoring of activities while on site.
- Provide leadership in the daily supervision of union operations employees.
- Regularly prepares requested reports on production output, plant downtime, safety metrics (lost time, near miss or safety incidents), inventory and other reporting required to make decisions regarding the business.
- Promptly and thoroughly investigate safety incidents, adhering to all incident reporting protocols to include drug testing, reporting of incidents and timely communication to the Safety Department, and The Health Bridge, as required.
- Works with team to identify, troubleshoot and resolve production problems.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory required to ensure production goals, and customer demands are met in a timely manner.
- Generates ideas and implements changes in processes, and the use of equipment to increase efficiency, improve safety and quality and improve employee morale.
- Maintain cleanliness and good housekeeping practices throughout all sites.
- Assists in developing and executing Plant projects and Capital projects from conception through completion as developed and directed.
- Provides technical development of specifications and quantification on plant projects and subcontractor projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
- Works closely with the Operations Manager to execute the business plan across the region
- Interact with Sales, Distribution, Quality Control, Land & Environmental, Health & Safety, Human Resources, and Legal
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor's degree or a minimum of 10 years equivalent experience
Field of Study Preferred: Business or Mining
Required Work Experience: 3 years’ supervisory experience in operations, preferably in the construction or mining industry with a solid understanding of crushing equipment and knowledge of process flow. Demonstrated ability to direct, coach and train associates. Able to plan, monitor, and schedule work.
Required Computer and Software Skills: Proficient with using a PC, SAP experience
Travel Requirements: Regular travel within the region expected, less than 10% outside the region
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in order to meet deadlines
- Show a willingness to learn and flexible to adapt to various work assignments within the region
- Exude excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills
- Responsible for providing reasonable assurance of effective and efficient operations, including actions to prevent and detect fraud and protect Company resources.
HEALTH & SAFETY (H&S) COMPETENCIES
- Ensures alignment of H&S activities arising from H&S missions and objectives.
- Actively manages risks by ensuring that all related control activities are thoroughly implemented.
- Drives committed and effective incident management through active participation in incident review, investigation, and corrective action creation.
- Promotes a culture of incident reporting and leading indicators, i.e., Near Misses and Visible Personal Commitment (VPC).
- Exercises and encourages core H&S values including, but not limited to, developing self and coaching others by inspiration and empowerment.
It is an exciting time to work in the building materials sector. The world is facing a process of rapid urbanization accompanied by increased pressure on strategic resources (water, raw materials, energy). As the new leader of our industry, LafargeHolcim is seeking to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent to help us meet the challenges and opportunities of the future. We need people eager to grow to their full potential while delivering value to our shareholders, customers, and society in general. Read more: https://www.lafargeholcim.us/join-us-help-world-build-better
Follow us: @LafargeHolcim on Twitter | LafargeHolcim on Facebook
LafargeHolcim | Pullman, Michigan
Kelly | Vicksburg, Michigan
FedEx Ground | Kalamazoo, Michigan
Kelly | Vicksburg, Michigan
Eaton | Galesburg, Michigan
Kelly | Kalamazoo, Michigan
Kelly | Battle Creek, Michigan
Kelly | Portage, Michigan
ABC Supply | Kalamazoo, Michigan
BrightSpring Health Services | Battle Creek, Michigan