At Houston Methodist, the Environmental Services Representative position maintains environmental and infection control standards within established policies and procedures. This position performs a variety of general cleaning tasks in assigned areas to provide a safe and attractive environment for patients, guests, and staff in accordance with department standards.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 20%
- Interacts in a positive, professional manner with patients, family and staff. (EF)
- Actively participates in meetings, huddles and with other team members using positive communication. (EF)
- Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a dynamic, team focused work unit to achieve optimal results. (EF)
- Responds promptly and positively to requests for assistance with directions and information from patients, staff and visitors. (EF)
- Promptly responds to all assignments to create an environment that is conducive for healing. (EF)
- Performs efficient room cleaning processes ensuring timely patient admissions. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 30%
- Follows department process for room cleaning and discharge inspections, as appropriate, with the goal of meeting or exceeding HCAHPS cleanliness scores. (EF)
- Achieves discharge, daily room cleaning and assigned area turn-around times, as appropriate. (EF)
- During discharge activity, tracks, logs, and notifies appropriate management of safety and repair needs for equipment. (EF)
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety rules. Observes standard infection control precautions and complies with OSHA standards. (EF)
- Communicates and documents any facility or patient related issues to management, as appropriate. Correct minor safety hazards. (EF)
FINANCE - 10%
- Appropriately uses and stores chemicals, paper goods, supplies, and equipment utilized during a shift. (EF)
- Manages time effectively and prioritize department daily tasks, minimizing incidental overtime. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
- Assumes responsibility for growth and development. Participates in continuing education and in-service programs. (EF)
- Contributes ideas towards improving the efficiency and effectiveness of department processes. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- High School diploma or equivalent education (examples include: GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full completion of post-secondary education, etc.) preferred
- One year of experience preferred
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- US Department Of Transportation Hazardous Materials Certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
- Demonstrates the ability to access information both in the department and within the hospital system to support the department as appropriate
- Multi-task oriented, ability to complete work within designated time frames
- Ability to accurately and efficiently perform duties with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate efficient and safe use of housekeeping equipment and chemicals
On-Call* No (for Non-Exempt or Exempt jobs)
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above.
May require travel within NoHouston Metropolitan area
May require travel outside No of Houston Metropolitan area
**Travel specifications may vary by department.
Please note any other special considerations to this job: Hospital-issued scrubs in OR environment as appropriate
Based in the Texas Medical Center, Houston Methodist Hospital is delivering on a mission started in 1919, which continues today – bringing quality, integrity, compassion and innovation into everything we do. As the flagship hospital of Houston Methodist, Houston Methodist Hospital is a nationally recognized medical center with a history of health care innovation. Houston Methodist Hospital was awarded Magnet recognition for nursing excellence for a fourth consecutive time by the ANCC. In addition, Houston Methodist Hospital was recently named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top 20 hospitals and was also ranked the No. 1 hospital in Texas for the fifth consecutive year.
At Houston Methodist, Leading Medicine is more than a description of what we do; it's who we are. We take our responsibility as Houston's premier health care system seriously, and with a national reputation for excellence in patient care, innovation and research, we hold ourselves and the careers we build to a higher standard. Our culture is diverse, dynamic and challenging. We believe in our I Care Values and conduct ourselves with Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect for others and a commitment to Excellence. Discover the difference for yourself and join Houston Methodist.
You can click on the video links below to learn more!
· About Houston Methodist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClN3mmKT0EI
· Nursing at Houston Methodist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUfmVeansTo
· Houston - Best City to Live In: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzLQzGBjHJw
Houston Methodist | Houston, Texas