Amentum is seeking an advanced Production Maintenance Electrician with some PLC skills to join our team of multi-skilled technicians in an Electrical Apparatus manufacturing facility in Waukesha, WI.
- Typical Hours 2nd shift
These production maintenance technicians are responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in installing, programming, troubleshooting, servicing and documenting the electrical and controls needs of process / production equipment in an industrial environment.
Must have the ability to maintain, improve, and participate in developing control systems, programming ladder logic / PLCs (Allen Bradley, Siemens, GE, Fanuc, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, and PLC-5) and HMI. Works with Allen Bradley Controls and instrumentation such as thermocouples and transducers, as well as primary voltages up to and including 480v.
The Production Maintenance Electrician must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs manufacturing process / production machines, robots, automation equipment and related electrical equipment, such as electrical control circuits from 24v up to and including 480v AC, electro-mechanical test devices, instrumentation devices, PLCs / ladder logic controllers, and variable frequency drives as necessary.
- Calibrates instrumentation equipment and controls for optimum performance.
- Support the procurement of spare parts.
- Identifies and documents cost savings.
- Utilizes strong mechanical and electrical skills in order to complete assignments.
- Performs preventive maintenance on process/production equipment as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tag out procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- High School diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Three years of experience performing electrical maintenance on industrial manufacturing process / production equipment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to maintain, improve, and participate in developing control systems, programming ladder logic / PLCs (Allen Bradley, Siemens, GE, Fanuc, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, and PLC-5) and HMI.
- Must be able to work with Allen Bradley Controls and instrumentation such as thermocouples and transducers, as well as primary voltages up to and including 480
- Ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Associates Degree in Industrial Electrical, Industrial Technology, or related skilled trade program.
- NFPA-70E Training.
- Experience troubleshooting CNC Machine tools and controls.
- Experience with robotic systems and controls (Fanuc, ABB, etc.).
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing components up to 480v 3 phase.
- Experience troubleshooting 4-20mA and 0-10v circuits.
- Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing PLCs, such as Allen Bradley, Fanuc etc.
- Experience using RS Logix, MicroLogix, ControlLogix and PLC-5 Software.
- Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing VFDs.
- Experience calibrating testing equipment.
- Experience utilizing a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System).
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
Amentum brings industry-best expertise, processes, and technology to ensure the availability and reliability of our Government and commercial clients’ vital facilities and equipment. We apply our culture of excellence to operate, maintain, and manage your global assets and complex supply chains to meet modern challenges at home and abroad. You get the confidence that comes from a partner with on a century-long heritage of unrelenting dedication to our clients’ missions across the DoD, civilian agencies, and the IC.
Our leading technologies and repeatable processes are delivered by experts with a record of optimizing the quality and cost-effectiveness of support. Using tools such as our Facility Asset Management & Operations Services (FAMOS™) model, we integrate diverse operational elements into a single, unified approach providing control and visibility. This allows us to increase operational readiness and extend the life of critical facilities and equipment.
Amentum’s skilled workforce lives with outcomes rather than just works on them. Our employees hold the most sought-after certifications in the industry, including Program Management Professional (PMP), IT/Cyber, ITIL, and Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Our teams who maintain and modify vehicles, aircraft, and weapons systems work within disciplined environments certified to AS9001D, ISO 9001:2015, AS9110B, and AS9100C standards.
Whether it’s managing facilities supporting the IC’s classified missions, operating UAVs that protect our soldiers, or maintaining military equipment at remote bases abroad, Amentum has the experience, passion, and commitment to meet your critical needs.
- Equipment O&M/Asset Management
- Facility O&M and Range Support
- Global Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- IT/Network Support
- Satellite Communications
- Unmanned Systems
Amentum | Vernon, Wisconsin
Stiles Machinery | Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Amentum | Vernon, Wisconsin
Amentum | Vernon, Wisconsin
STS Aviation Group | Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
FedEx Ground | New Berlin, Wisconsin
Kelly | Grafton, Wisconsin
WEC Energy Group Inc. | West Allis, Wisconsin
Kelly | Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Eaton | South Milwaukee, Wisconsin