LinQuest operates research and development of satellites on behalf of the US Space Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), under the STEC contract. This contract currently supports the operations of eight on-orbit satellites, with more scheduled to launch over the next few years.
This contract currently supports the operations of eight on-orbit satellites, with more scheduled to launch over the next few years. We also provide daily mission planning and mission operations services, including contact execution, mission planning/analysis, orbital analysis, flight dynamics for Space Development and test Wing (SDTW) operational missions at Kirtland Air Force Base, NM.
- You will function as a Satellite Operations Specialist and perform real-time satellitecontacts, configuring command andcontrol ground equipment during pre-pass, pass and post-pass periods
- You will support system readiness, planning, preparation, execution, and evaluation for satellite launch and early orbit operations, on-orbit operations, and end-of-life retirement and disposal
- Perform mission and pre-pass planning, scheduling, data trending and analysis, real-time operations, and spacecraft anomaly resolution.
- Establishment, implementation, and maintenance of standardized operating procedures
- Conflict resolution to support the acquisition, tracking, commanding, control, and telemetry data acquisition for space vehicles
- Mission data reduction and analysis and data delivery to the customers
- Operational transition of satellites to different ground support complexes as required
- Implementation of anomaly response plans including participation in tiger-team discussions, recovery actions proposal and evaluation, implementation of approved solutions and anomaly report generation
- Accomplishment of long-term trending of vehicle telemetry and notification to the government of these trends that indicate potential vehicle problems
- Real-time evaluation of spacecraft, payload, and ground systems status in accordance with established mission requirements
- Initial troubleshooting of operational problems, assisting in determination of root causes, documentation of these problems, and participates in corrective and prevention activities
- an Active TS-SCI Clearance
- Requires real-time problem solving skills and ability to follow procedures, checklists and contingency plans
- Ability to be an effective team member
- Must be able to work various rotating shifts including holidays and weekend
- Experience with space or satellite operations experience is highly desired
- Associates or Bachelors Degree (STEM Field is Preferred)
- Military operations experience is also highly desired
- Experience operating multiple satellite families in different orbits (LEO, HEO, GEO)
LinQuest delivers performance excellence across the Air, Land, Sea, Space, and Cyberspace domains. We provide highly valued, state-of-the-art and cost effective technical solutions to the U.S. government, civil and commercial customers. LinQuest's services and products span the engineering, testing, operation and sustainment of critical capabilities and programs ranging from intricate systems and architectures to highly complex enterprises comprised of families of systems. LinQuest integrates technical and operational domain expertise with process discipline and delivers superior performance across the life cycle of programs.
Linquest Corporation | Albuquerque, New Mexico
Guidance Navigation & Control Principal/ Sr Principal Engineer - (Space/Satellite Systems) - Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman | Albuquerque, New Mexico