Aetna's Analytics & Behavior Change Clinical Analytics team is seeking a Lead Data Scientist to act as the analytic team lead for large and complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of company objectives. You will manage and will be responsible for the successful delivery of the algorithms, statistical models, and reporting tools to meet business needs.
To be successful within the role, you must have knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Develops complex algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes.
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and complex business problems. utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses and specialized expertise in the organization and/or industry.
- Applies analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques.
- Manages large and complex analytical projects from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation, and testing.
- Behaves as a mentor to junior team members to provide technical advice.
- Collaborates with business partners to develop technical /business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology/business solutions.
- 5+ years of progressively complex related experience in a leadership role
- 5+ years of experience in all areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and advanced in-depth specialization in some areas.
- 1+ year of previous healthcare industry experience
- 7+ years of progressively complex related experience.
- Strong skills to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and in the external health care environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational, management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related discipline required
- Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. See Job Description
Continue serving and work with a purpose
As a CVS Health colleague, you'll find career opportunities across the organization and at every stage of your career. More important, your work will have an impactful purpose on someone's life, including your own. Learn more about how you can continue serving on your next mission at CVS Health.
Careers for Veterans and Military Spouses
"The military has an ethos that is grounded in purpose-driven service that’s bigger than the individual. The same holds true for us at CVS Health. You can talk to colleagues in any part of our business and they will be able to articulate our company’s purpose. Working here provides an opportunity for service members and military spouses to continue to serve, just in a civvies."
CVS Health | Plattsburg, Missouri
CVS Health | Richmond, Missouri
CVS Health | Excelsior Springs, Missouri
Henkel Corporation | Richmond, Missouri
HCA Human Resources, LLC | Cameron, Missouri
HCA Human Resources, LLC | Cameron, Missouri