Req #: R116771
- US - MD, Annapolis Junction
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Top Secret SCI w/Polygraph
Ready to be part of a team that tackles defense and data challenges? Do you want to use your creativity to analyze and engineer complex hardware systems? Parsons is now hiring experienced Hardware Engineers with a desire to work on projects that change the world.
Parsons’ extensive experience in this field, combined with your knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. We can offer training, development, and opportunities to work on marquee projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our Hardware Engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environments and who have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills.
Parsons is sourcing candidates for a project within the Department of Defense to provide a wide range of skills and expertise to perform technology development, testing, integration of hardware and software applications, and associated documentation and training.
Parsons is seeking a Hardware Engineers of various experience levels to perform the following:
- Provide hardware engineering expertise to analyze complex hardware systems, hardware design, architecture, network design and other technical hardware issues.
- Procure and perform acceptance testing on equipment.
- Provide hardware maintenance support, both preventative and remedial.
- Deploy, install, and implement hardware at Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside Continental United States (OCONUS).
- Prepares specifications for hardware by analyzing documented and derived system requirements.
- Conduct site surveys.
- Prepares engineering plans and site Technical Design Packages.
- Organize and direct hardware installations.
- Configure (and document configuration of) computers, networking devices and various peripheral equipment.
- Prepare site installation and test reports.
- Ensure that problems have been properly identified and solutions will satisfy the user’s requirements.
- Prepare reports and recommendations concerning existing and emerging hardware technologies.
- Provide specific input to the hardware components of system design to include end-user devices, servers, networking devices, data storage devices, and specialized processors.
- Prepare functional requirements and specifications for hardware acquisitions
- Analyze hardware specifications and system/subsystem requirements to conceive and document a practical design for hardware components to include servers, network devices, transmission media, storage devices, user interface devices, and special processors
- Ensure that problems with operational hardware have been properly identified and solutions will satisfy the user’s requirements
- Assist with preparing installation guides, field test procedures, and troubleshooting guides
- Conduct site surveys; assesses and documents current site network configuration and site- unique requirements
- Develop hardware installation schedules based upon set-up, integration, and test timelines
- Train site personnel in proper use of hardware
- Recommend specifications for hardware acquisitions
- Prepare engineering plans and site installation Technical Design Packages
- Prepare drawings documenting as-built configurations at each site
- Prepare site installation and test reports
- Configure computers, communications devices and peripheral equipment
- Prepare installation guides, field test procedures, and troubleshooting guides
- Seven (7) years experience as a HE analyzing complex hardware systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Five (5) years of additional hardware engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on transportation, environmental/infrastructure, and defense/security.