Location(s): MN - Monticello
Do you have the attention to detail and commitment to safety needed for a successful and rewarding career in the field of nuclear power? We’re looking for people who are looking to grow their career with a company that maintains one of the safest nuclear fleets in the nation. If that describes you, we’d like you on our team.
The Technical Instructor is responsible for utilizing the Systematic Approach to Training to conduct Initial and continuing training for personnel to meet accredited program and NRC training requirements in accordance with fleet procedures. The Technical Instructor continually evaluates and improves training to result in maximum effectiveness of the training program and improves plant performance. This position will support Chemistry and Radiation Protection training.
- Conducts needs assessments, analyzes jobs/tasks to design, develop and implement training for specified technical training programs. Designs Training and establishes specific measureable behaviors for task-oriented training. Create/modify lesson plans, practical exercises, and multimedia training materials for effective delivery to selected personnel. Develop and administer hands on training for experience and exams to validate knowledge of training materials.
- Provide Initial and Continuing training in classroom and laboratory environments. Provide just in time training as needed to support plant operational requirements. Coordinate training from equipment vendors and outside training organizations.
- Receive and evaluate training feedback from numerous sources, including trainees, management, and industry. Participate in various committees.
- Respond to emergent training needs and performance issues. Maintain short range and long range training schedules. Schedule and notify personnel of training through the Learning Management System. Verify records of conducted training and attendance. Evaluate tasks to determine the standards for performance. Maintain records of personnel qualifications. Maintain updated qualification manual and associated task lists.
- Continuously pursues and maintains personal development, learning and qualifications to support the various training programs such as instructor. Works toward the requirements of a senior and principal Technical Instructor.
- Can participate in self-assessments and other evaluations of the various training programs.
- Supports plant outages and / or assist with in-processing for plant outages
- Participates as a member of the site Emergency Response Organization (ERO), as needed.
- Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access to nuclear power plant is required
- High-school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain instructor qualification is required.
- Five years of related work experience is required. Related work experience is work in the technical discipline that the individual is being hired into, providing training/education in the technical discipline that the individual is being hire into, comparable journeyman/military experience, or a combination of the experience listed to achieve a total of five years.
- Associate’s degree (or equivalent) from a two-year college or technical school is preferred
- Previous Power Plant or Nuclear Navy background is preferred.
- Knowledge in use of a Systematic Approach to Training is preferred.
- Effective in communicating ideas and concepts through written and verbal communications.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Monticello || MN - Monticello || United States (US) || Human Resources & Employee Svc || 45539:FT MT Training-Technical || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $72,100 to $102,433 per year
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 29522
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Built to Last
We deliver energy; we deliver on our commitments
We are a major U.S. electric and natural gas company with annual revenues of $10.3 billion. Based in Minneapolis, Minn., we operate in eight states. We provide a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
We have a straightforward strategy we call Building the Core. We invest in our core businesses to provide safe, reliable energy to customers at a reasonable price. We demonstrate our commitment to the environment. And we serve our communities.
Xcel Energy | Maple Grove, Minnesota
Wells Fargo | Rogers, Minnesota
Wells Fargo | Monticello, Minnesota
Wells Fargo | Mound, Minnesota
Wells Fargo | Blaine, Minnesota
Wells Fargo | Fridley, Minnesota
Wells Fargo | Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
Wells Fargo | Buffalo, Minnesota
Wells Fargo | Plymouth, Minnesota
Wells Fargo | New Hope, Minnesota