Whether you are new to working in pharmacies or are an experienced Pharmacy Technician, we have a place for you on our team to use your skills and talents to serve and care for our patients and customers.
If you are a new Pharmacy Technician, our colleague trainers and pharmacists work alongside you to guide you through our accredited training program, allowing you to obtain all required knowledge, skills, and licensure to start your career as a health care professional!
Regardless of your experience as a Pharmacy Technician at CVS Health, you will have an opportunity to work in a leading retail pharmacy company and in a role that positively impacts the lives and health of others. You will work in an environment where the highest professional and ethical standards are maintained and in full compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations.
Our Pharmacy Technicians take necessary steps to ensure all medication needs and regulatory compliance standards are met for our patients, and they demonstrate ethical conduct and maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
Please note in select markets, the collective bargaining agreement rules regarding the Pharmacy Technician would apply.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Licensure requirements vary by state
Attention and Focus:
- Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
Customer Service Orientation:
- Actively look for ways to help people, and do so in a friendly manner
- Notice and understand customers’ reactions, and respond appropriately
- Use and understand verbal and written communication to interact with customers and colleagues
- Actively listening by giving full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- The ability to use math to solve a problem, such as calculating day’s supply of a prescription
- Able to judge when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong; recognizing there is a problem
- Choosing the best course of action when faced with a complex situation with several available options
- You are required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, reading, visual inspection involving small parts
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs; exerting up to 30 lbs of force occasionally and up to 10 lbs of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
- Previous experience in a pharmacy, retail, medical, or customer service setting
- Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- High School diploma or equivalent (preferred)
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.See Job Description
Continue serving and work with a purpose
As a CVS Health colleague, you'll find career opportunities across the organization and at every stage of your career. More important, your work will have an impactful purpose on someone's life, including your own. Learn more about how you can continue serving on your next mission at CVS Health.
Careers for Veterans and Military Spouses
"The military has an ethos that is grounded in purpose-driven service that’s bigger than the individual. The same holds true for us at CVS Health. You can talk to colleagues in any part of our business and they will be able to articulate our company’s purpose. Working here provides an opportunity for service members and military spouses to continue to serve, just in a civvies."
CVS Health | Stockton, California
CVS Health | Lodi, California
CVS Health | Lodi, California
CVS Health | Patterson, California
CVS Health | Livermore, California
CVS Health | Pleasanton, California
CVS Health | San Ramon, California