Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
Advance Software Engineer
Honeywell is rapidly transforming into a Software Industrial company and we are developing and launching a comprehensive roadmap of critically connected industry-specific solutions that will generate an increasingly significant multi-Billion-dollar portion of the company’s revenue in the next 5 years. Over half of our engineers globally are developing software to augment our extensive and fast growing Connected technology and services portfolio using the Honeywell Forge™ platform.
The position of Advanced Software Engineer is responsible for working with Honeywell Software Engineering teams in an Agile environment to coordinate design, develop (writing code), manage and/or maintain our key products in the Connected Safety.
· Leads and participates in the SDLC activities related to the design, development and maintenance of the cloud based metrics management application suite.
· A passion for quality with a test-driven development approach and eye for creating automated test scripts
· Experience with Development Tools for CI/CD, Unit and Integration testing, Automation and Orchestration, Python, JIRA, Confluence, Grafana, ADLS, Databricks, Rest API, InfluxDB.
· Drive end to end testing of application at all levels including non-functional testing (Integration/Acceptance/Performance/Scalability/Reliability)
· Partner with other HCE teams specifically HCE leadership to understand proper requirements. Translating into technology solutions are created in line with HCE Metrics dashboard framework
· Improve speed to market and application quality by utilizing testing best practices, release automation, component releases and release strategies.
· Be a technology evangelist that supports other team members to adopting and implementing technology to improve the application.
You Must Have
· BTech/BE in Computer Science/Engineering or MCA
· Minimum of 5 years’ of experience in software development including requirement analysis, object oriented design, implementation, testing and support
· Good knowledge in SOLID design principles & design patterns.
· Good working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Processes
· 3-4 years of experience in programming languages – Python, Grafana, InfluxDB, ADLS, Databricks and Tableau.
· Has experience in Data engineering leveraging Azure technologies.
· Has experience in developing Python applications leveraging Atlassian tools API like JIRA, Confluence
· 2-3 yrs. Experience in Cloud SaaS/PaaS/IaaS, good hands on in various features - Azure knowledge, ADLS, Databricks
· 2-3 yrs. Of experience in Time series DB such as InfluxDB and worked in ADLS.
· Experience in writing Unit testcases
· Experience working in an agile environment with full stack teams. (3-5 years)
· Experience with web APIs, Web application development.
· Experience with data structure libraries
· Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
· Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
· A knack for benchmarking and optimization
· Familiarity with code versioning tools like BitBucket.
· Technically competent/leading Cloud development.
· Team player that puts team first, willing to make the difficult decision and have the difficult conversation while providing clear technical recommendations to leadership that is best for the long term.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships across disciplines and across the organization
· Excellent Communications skills, good team player and have good analytical capabilities
· 2-3 yrs. In Web application development experience using Python, Grafana and Tableau,
· Experience in writing Unit testcases
· Good working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Tools (BitBucket, JIRA, Confluence, Octopus, and Openshift)
- Good working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Practices
· Ability to work within a Team with strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
· Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
· Experience working within an Agile team
- Understanding of Agile practices and ability to use tools such as Jira to enable the delivery of high quality code
· Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts.
- JOB ID: req269612
- Category: Engineering
- Location: HW Camp II,Bldgs 9A&9B,Plot C2,RMZ Ecoworld,Varturhobli,Sarjapur Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,Bangalore,KARNATAKA,560103,India