Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
DevOps team provides services to the Development Teams to enable them to build, test and deploy their changes to production. They also work closing with Digital Operations to help key digital activities relating to Cloud, Cyber and ICT to support Connected Offerings.
We are seeking a technical supervisor to support the growth of our DevOps team which delivers alongside our engineering teams a global Connected Buildings Cloud Platform. In this role the successful candidate is also expected to be perform technical hand-ons DevSecOps responsibilities alongside team supervision 50% of the time.
This will include supervising a team within engineering that supports the software development through providing DevOps capabilities through performance and site reliability engineering, high performing software development tools and a 5-star developer experience, automation enabling promotion and release management, and overall performance. Proactively contributing to solutions that diminish operational issues, help developers build highly scalable applications, and architect infrastructure as code to gain efficiencies and increase productivity across all HCE Connected Buildings initiatives.
Key Accountabilities / Deliverables of the role
· Supervise a team of DevOps engineers balancing between application support, promotion and release support, developer apps and automation and other strategic work.
· Providing promoting career and skills growth, motivate the team and manage individual performance to build a high performing team.
· Lead through example and provide DevOps thought leadership in areas of CI/CD and continuous testing & certification, site reliability within a Cloud-based microservices and data architecture based on previous industry experience with large scale cloud platforms
· Own and evangelize DevOps, scalable application development, escalation, and support procedures
· Maintain technical skills and contribute to DevSecOps activated 50% of the time.
· Ensure teams technical growth in DevOps and Testing approaches for large-scale cloud offerings.
· Contribute to the establishment of appropriate benchmarks for load testing and performance optimization
· Be knowledgeable about security principles and practices and enforce, when needed
· Act as technical product owner for the team(s) if required.
Key Success Factors (Key Metrics / KPIs / Deliverables)
· Developer Productivity and 5 star developer experience ratings
· Honeywell Performance and Development KPIs
· The high availability and reliability of the infrastructure and platform could be the number of 9’s.
· Developing scripts/tools to automate the standard procedures, configurations and recover quickly from the disaster.
· Drive improvement on DevOps KPIs
· Reduce lead time of changes
· Support the frequent and incremental releases of new features for cloud solutions and offerings with maintaining high reliability in the meantime
· The chance of customer reporting issues is reduced by proactive monitoring and alerting and proper incident management process.
· The cycle time of resolving issues and getting services recovered for customers are reduced
· Managing Challenges
· Managing by influence to achieve high quality of software delivery and architecture consistency
· Taking strategies and plans through execution to control stages that deliver results
· Balancing short term and long term goals, Prioritisation of focus, maximise return on effort
· Teaming with specialists within Honeywell and outside
· Understanding and integrating with a diverse range of technologies, protocols and applications.
· Honeywell Connected Enterprise
· Global Engineering
· HCE DevOps
· HCE CB Operations (Digital Operations)
· Connected Buildings community
· 3PrdP party Technology Vendors
· 3PrdP party Software Vendors
· Industry Bodies & Providers
Qualifications/ Experience/ Knowledge
Required Licenses, Accreditations / Clearances / Statutory requirements
Education / Qualifications
· Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering or Computer Science.
· Certification - MCP - 70-534 Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions
· Certification - MCP – 70-533 Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure
· Linux Administration (RHCE or equivalent)
· CCNA Cisco Certified
· MCSA / MCSE – Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
· Information Security accreditation (CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional or equivalent)
· 5-8 years software development experience or Cloud infrastructure operations within the cloud platform and SaaS domain.
· 1-2 years demonstrated people management skills either via direct management or indirect mentoring programs.
· Demonstrated technical lead in DevSecOps capabilities and running systems in a large-scale cloud environment
· Well versed in CI / CD methodology and tooling
· Exposure to quality assurance strategies for microservices and datalake deployments.
· Experience with cloud platforms in a production environment
· Experience with Container Technologies
· Demonstrated ability to influence and drive best practices across a large, geographically dispersed development organization.
· Able to excel in a fast paced Agile, DevOps culture – Flexibility, Leanness, Automation, CI/CD
· Sound change management skills to lead change and acceptance within the workforce by proactively and creatively take action to achieve goals.
· The ability to help teams prioritize, estimate, and deliver on plans balanced with ongoing development team support
· A strong sense of ownership and accountability
· A passion for technology, learning, and finding the best solution
· Experience partnering with teams located in difference geographical regions.
· Working alongside Operations and/or SRE teams to ensure business continuity and site reliability.
· Experience with Azure, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Rancher in a production environment
· AWS or other third party Cloud certifications
· Experience working in Docker, writing Docker files
· Experience with Ansible
· Understanding of Security Concepts
· Experience with quality assurance strategies and associated tools such as chaos monkey, contract testing, unit and component integration testing. Xunit, Pact, locust, JMeter, Selenium tools exposure preferred.
· Experience with agile or iterative development methodologies to delivering SaaS products.
· Familiarity with Atlassian’s suite of tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
Professional Skills / Knowledge
· Strong interpersonal skills needed for interfacing with high-level internal stakeholders, external clients, and geographically, culturally and linguistically diverse employees.
· Strong customer focus. The ability to partner with senior level management and business stakeholders, to understand HCE Connected Buildings businesses/functions, and to deliver the best global design/deployment solutions.
· Manage complexity, deal with ambiguity, and drive results in a highly matrixed environment. Ability to remove performance barriers and deliver under challenging circumstances.
· Self-motivated, goal orientated, determine own work priorities, training requirements, ability to meet deadlines and works well under pressure.
· Very strong business acumen – ability to make strategic trade-off’s and balance competitive pressure with risk management and mitigation.
· Global mindset. The ability to align with a standard global strategy while balancing unique, sometimes conflicting regional and business-specific requirements.
· Learns quickly adapting to new projects, technologies, processes and/or cross industry verticals.
· Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future technical trends accurately; learn quickly and think independently to adapt as required.
· Be proficient in the execution of risk management, issue management and scope management processes.
· Ability to build and maintain strategic customer relationships, and establishes and builds credibility quickly.
· Strong effective communication skills (both written and oral) and people management with the ability to motivate and inspire trust of management, staff, diverse clients and stakeholders.
· Excellent computer, presentation and technical writing skills.
· Proficient in strategically assessing and identifying new business opportunities, and strong customer/relationship management skills.
· Ability to define and architect specific solutions within an ambiguous environment and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Strong command and control skills to manage through internal and customer challenges.
· Ability to work effectively in a virtual engineering group environment.
· Ability to think strategically in applying process improvement tools to solve business problems.
· A strong commitment to safety and a safe working environment.
· Can clearly articulate technical value and demonstrate how solutions map to a customer’s needs and drivers.
Analysis / Problem Assessment
Securing relevant information and identifying key issues and relationships from a base of information; relating and comparing data from different sources; identifying cause-effect relationships.
Building Business Partnerships
Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work with business partners (e.g. peers, other departments or units, external vendors, customer’s, other organisations etc.) to meet mutual goals and objectives.
Building Customer Loyalty
Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Facilitating the development of others’ knowledge and skills; providing timely feedback and guidance to help them reach goals.
Taking action to maximise the contribution of own area of the business to the company’s profitability and growth. This involves constantly looking for opportunities to improve business performance and growth; managing business operations to maintain ongoing competitive advantage; taking business decisions based on cost benefit analysis, business savvy and consideration of organisational constraints and resources.
Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations (including non-verbal); adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
Customer Service Orientation
Proactively developing customer relationships; making efforts to listen and to understand the customer (both internal and external); anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
Drive for Results
Exceeds goals successfully; bottom line oriented; pushes self and others for results
Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitation the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
Individual Leadership / Influencing and Mentoring
Using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals (direct reports, peers, and senior managers) toward goal achievement; modifying behaviour to accommodate tasks, situations and individuals involved. Coaching and supporting peers in their selling efforts.
Making active attempts to influence events to achieve goals; self-starting rather than accepting passively; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Generating creative solutions to work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with project/organisational problems and opportunities.
Committing to an action after developing alternative courses of action that are based on logical assumptions and factual information and that take into consideration resources, constraints, and organisational values.
Ability to work effectively and efficiently within competing business and technical priorities
Planning And Organising / Work Management
Establishing a course of action for self and others to accomplish a specific goal; planning proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources
Asks the right analytical questions to support development of sales opportunities and resources
Indicating through actions and decisions a sense of importance to get the job done; focusing on the most important things; being impatient with obstacles and lack of movement; taking action to overcome obstacles and seek solutions.
Knowledge of sales tools for customer analysis and estimating
Teamwork / Collaboration
Working effectively with team or work group or those outside formal line of authority (e.g., associates, senior managers) to accomplish organisational goals; taking actions that respect the needs and contributions of others; contributing to and accepting the consensus; subordinating own objectives to the objectives of the organisation or team.
Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise.
Understanding and Knowledge of HCE Connected Buildings unique value proposition, articulating unique value proposition of all buying influences within opportunity.
Please note :
This role may be subject to ongoing criminal history checks, random drug & alcohol testing and / or medical examinations in line with Honeywell, customer and statutory specifications and it is a requirement of the role to satisfy these requirements.
- JOB ID: req269741
- Category: Engineering
- Location: HW Camp II,Bldgs 9A&9B,Plot C2,RMZ Ecoworld,Varturhobli,Sarjapur Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,Bangalore,KARNATAKA,560103,India