*Love's offers competitive pay/salary, commission, benefits and promotion opportunities!
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION: Diesel Mechanic’s help run our business by providing light diesel mechanic repairs, invoicing and processing payment for repairs, keeping the facilities and equipment in good working order, and the total location looking and running well for customers.
JOB SUMMARY: Diesel Mechanics perform various light diesel mechanical repairs, participate as a training mechanic in the company’s mechanic apprentice program, daily housekeeping tasks around the location such as clearing the outside parking lots and other tasks as assigned. Additionally, this position will perform other tasks required to help ensure the facility’s compliance with Environmental Protection Association (EPA) regulations.
- Greet customers as you see them, speak politely, and assist customers as needed
- Perform diesel mechanical repairs for customers operating class 7 and 8 vehicles using self-owned tools
- Accurately invoicing and processing payment for services performed
- Operate all company equipment to perform job duties
- Operate a company vehicle to perform roadside mechanical repairs
- Participate as a trainer in the company mechanic apprentice program
- Remove and re-line trash cans on property
- Clean outdoor gas and diesel islands including the equipment
- Perform basic equipment repairs
- Keep the tire shop area clean, organized, and secure
- Update and adhere to all HAZCOM Manual and Safety Data sheets
- Attend training in person and/or webinars as assigned
- Maintain personal grooming and appearance standards
- Maintain a safe facility and use safety first practices to remain accident-free
- Other tasks as assigned
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a clean and consistent record of safety
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Ability to learn and perform light mechanical diesel repairs, basic housekeeping tasks, repair and maintenance procedures, knowledge of electrical breakers, scissor lift operation, and safety glasses/vest usage
- Soft Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills, time management skills, organization skills, can-do attitude, sense of urgency, and strong work ethic
Typical Physical Demands:
- Regularly required to talk and hear at a normal range
- Very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day
- Frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
BACKGROUND CHECKS: All offers of employment may be conditioned on receipt of a background check report and/or drug screen that is acceptable to Love’s
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor elements in all seasons. Occasionally, the employee will also be exposed to fumes and particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud at times. While performing the duties, the employee is frequently exposed to dirt, dust, grime, grease, oil, gas, high-concentrated cleaning solutions, and human waste
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Occasional travel is required
At Love's, we're passionate about providing friendly service and clean, modern facilities stocked with the fuel, food, and supplies drivers need to keep them going. We were founded on this idea in 1964, and it remains our guiding principle more than 40 years later: "Clean Places, Friendly Faces".
Love's has been at the forefront of the convenience store and travel center industry for more than three decades. We were among the first to combine self-service gasoline with grocery items, offer fresh deli sandwiches, add quick-service restaurants, and sell gift and novelty items. Today, we continue that spirit of innovation by adding Truck Tire Care centers and roadside assistance to our Travel Stops.
Who We Are Looking For
Love’s is looking for natural-born leaders, technicians, operators, and customer service team members. The skills and structure you bring from your military experience will strongly connect with Love’s fast-paced, multi-faceted and customer-focused work environment. Your ability to think strategically and execute tactically also translates well with our Love's team.
Testimonials from Military Team Members at Love’s:
- "After leaving active duty, I missed the brotherhood of the Marine Corps. At Love’s, that Esprit de Corps exists in a civilian setting!" ~ Angela
- "Love’s is like the military in its structure. You know what to do, when to do it and you’re given the guidance and leadership to do it." ~ Charles
- "Love's structure, camaraderie and intensity is very much like the military. They are going to push you further than you knew you were capable of, and they are not going to accept less than your best.” ~Kirk
Should I Apply?
Are you a military veteran or spouse who is looking for a civilian career that provides opportunities for growth and career advancement? Love’s is proud to hire veterans and active-duty service men and women. Leadership, strategy development and teamwork are the foundation for Love’s success, and we want your military experience to help you succeed in your career. Apply with Love’s today to take that next step in your journey.
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’, Love’s will receive a notification with your information. In order to be considered for next steps, please make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Love’s reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your background and how it translates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!
Love's Travel Stops | ,
J.B. Poindexter | ,
Penske Truck Leasing | ,
Raytheon | ,
Love's Travel Stops | Nowata, Oklahoma
Penske Truck Leasing | ,
Raytheon | ,
Entegris | ,
Honeywell | ,
Honeywell | ,