Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist medical staff in processing for transactional tasks to include, but not limited to, screenings, vaccinations/immunizations and patient triage.
- Administer hearing tests, PFTs, vision tests, patient check-ins and vital signs.
- Some duties may include medical transcriptions
- Maintain patient records through electronic medical record documentation.
- Work independently as needed to achieve day-to-day objectives
- Coordinate with other medical staff as needed and communicate with internal and customer team members
- Ability to read, write, and analyze/evaluate charts
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses):
- Bachelor’s Degree
- National Nurse Practitioner Certification
- Registered Nurse; ACLS, TNCC, BLS
- At least five years of applicable experience
- Must be able to procure governmental security clearance of Top Secret/SCI w/ FS Polygraph
QTC Medical Group is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, people with disabilities protected under law, andprotected veteran status.
QTC, a Leidos company, is the largest provider of disability and occupational health examination services. Our more than 35-year history has been marked by a focus on delivering high quality, technology-driven, exam solutions for our clients. QTC applies a customized, systematic operational workflow to administer evaluations, supported by innovative technology that achieves extraordinary quality, timeliness, and customer service goals. We apply a customized, systematic operational workflow to administer independent medical examinations and associated services. This workflow is supported by secure information technology and achieves extraordinary quality, timeliness, cost-effectiveness, and customer service goals. We believe in efficiency which is why our business is based on a one-stop-shop approach. QTC’s proprietary technology automates the examination workflow and provides clients with real-time access to case information, tracking, and reporting. Our network is supported by more than 1,000 experienced clinical, corporate and operational associates, and more than 90 clinic locations that include physicians, registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses, medical assistants, phlebotomists, radiographic technology technicians, and various ancillary support personnel.