Mission Hospital is seeking a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS or MT) or Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) to join our team of Clinical Laboratory professionals!
Job Summary: Performs both routine and complex lab analyses and/or identification procedures on blood, tissue, and body fluids with minimal supervision. Assists management in monitoring quality control data to ensure results or procedures are accurate and precise.
Position supports Hematology department.
- Required Education: Bachelors or Associates degree in Clinical Laboratory Science from an accredited institution.
- Required License: Certified as a Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Laboratory Technician by ASCP, HEW, AMT, or NCA. ASCP Certification or equivalent certification by a nationally recognized board/agency as a Medical Laboratory Scientist, Medical Technologist, or Medical Laboratory Technician. If not certified at time of hire, must be registry eligible and become certified by ASCP (or equivalent nationally recognized board/agency).
- Required Experience: Clinical rotation as MLS or MLT student.
- Preferred Experience: One year post graduate Laboratory experience
Work Schedule: 4AM – 1230PM
Discover a generous benefits package! Our total rewards package includes but is not limited to:
- 401k retirement plan
- paid time off (PTO)
- medical, dental, and vision insurance
- flex spending account options
- life and disability insurance
- tuition reimbursement
- student loan assistance program
- employee discount program
- employee stock purchase program
ABOUT MISSION HEALTH – Based in Asheville, North Carolina
Mission Health System, an operating division of HCA Healthcare, serves our 18 county region in western North Carolina and has been deeply rooted in the community for more than 130 years. Mission Health is the state's sixth largest health system, operating six hospitals, numerous outpatient and surgery centers, post-acute care provider CarePartners, long-term acute care provider Asheville Specialty Hospital and the region's only dedicated Level II trauma center. With approximately 12,000 colleagues and 2,000 volunteers, Mission Health is dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the people of western North Carolina. For more information, please visit missionhealth.org or @MissionHealthNC
Mission Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.