The Shop Floor Leader is accountable to facilitate the successful management of the company shop. All actions will be in support of increasing line of business satisfaction, lowering the cost of repairs, and increasing equipment availability. This includes effectively working with the Sr Shop Manager, managing the shop in their absence.
Accountable for equipment availability and repair decisions for fleet units. This includes communication with the Line of Business to understand the business needs to maximize the equipment availability and prioritize the work. Reinforce and demonstrate the company’s core value of safety first and always, and in so doing, support their Union Free philosophy.
Addressing any unsafe behaviors, auditing for safety compliance, and ensuring all visitors in the shop are safe. May include taking the lead on the safety team.
- On the job (live) work order audits and performance audits of associates
- This includes giving performance feedback during the audit on the floor, ensuring the associates are using the checklists, and reinforcing established work processes
- Assign work to associates, matching the skill needed to complete the task to the associate who appropriately has that skill.
- Develop associates skills
- Ensure that everyone has completed their training on-time including vendor-based training
- Audit the work of the shop champions
- Ensure that they are being effective in their roles and leading those efforts in the shop
- Support the Shop Manager in enforcing parts processes
including inventory controls, meeting parts key factors, maintaining appropriate inventory, ensuring accuracy of cycle counts, and reinforcing the use of the company’s parts processes with associates
- Support the Shop Manager in controlling the level of tire spend in the shop
- Ensuring that proper tire stances are being followed in the shop, supporting the tire champion, and reinforcing the company’s tire processes with associates
- Appropriately maintain vendor relationships, managing what work gets vended, ensuring quality of the vended work, performing follow up when needed, and managing the costs associated with vended work.
- Be responsible for regular communication with associates to include sharing the team’s performance metrics, and corporate updates
- Help to set performance goals both for the shop as a whole and for individuals
- Help create and execute action plans associated with those goals
- Complete performance assessments of associates that include Performance Assessments (PA), Business Partnerships (BP), and Individual Development Plans (IDP)
- Be responsible for quickly addressing performance related problems, including disciplinary action, administering Performance Improvement Plans (PIP), or termination
Competitive Salary with slight variation by location. World class benefits and an amazing company culture.
Get Connected with Fortune 1000 Employers Nationwide
Do you want to take the unique strengths you acquired in the military and leverage them in the civilian world? Bradley-Morris has been assisting veterans and transitioning military professionals from every U.S. military branch for more than 25 years. Contact us today for more information!
The Bradley-Morris Difference
- All of our recruiting and career guidance services are provided at no cost to our candidates.
- We are dedicated to providing jobs for retired military and military veterans.
- Bradley-Morris has the largest client base in the industry.
- We are dedicated to delivering a positive candidate experience for transitioning and former military professionals.
- We do not require any of our candidates to sign exclusivity or “handcuff” agreements. Our job seekers are free to use us as a resource, along with other methods.
Resources to Utilize:
- Candidate Application: Expand you civilian career resources by filling out our no-obligation application
- Bradley-Morris Job Board: Search and apply for additional career opportunities
- Latest News: Browse our blog for the latest career tips and insights.
**Have questions? Check out our Job Seeker FAQ page.**
Newly Weds Foods | Horn Lake, Mississippi
Pep Boys | Memphis, Tennessee
AT&T | Southaven, Mississippi
ULTA | Olive Branch, Mississippi
TravelCenters of America/ Petro Stopping | Earle, Arkansas
TravelCenters of America/ Petro Stopping | West Memphis, Arkansas
Ross Stores, Inc. | Memphis, Tennessee
Zimmer Biomet | Memphis, Tennessee
Ryder System Inc. | Memphis, Tennessee
Love's Travel Stops | Memphis, Tennessee