Contracts Manager - Military Veterans
The Contracts Manager is responsible for managing the contracting process, maintaining contract records and contracts database, and reviewing and negotiating contracts. This position reports to the Corporate Counsel and will partner with internal business stakeholders and external vendors to ensure an efficient and effective contracting process. The Contracts Manager is a detail oriented, critical-thinking, tech-savvy professional who is results driven, takes initiative, understands the role and purpose of contracts and the contracts process within an organization, and enjoys working collaboratively with the business to achieve the best results for the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and update the existing contracts database to store/retrieve contracts, track contract status and milestones, and report on upcoming contract renewals or expirations, including inputting contract records and uploading documents, abstracting key contract provisions, and running reports on contract status and other details.
- Provide training and guidance to business units regarding contract management software, as well as all contract review and approval process, contracts management, and legal and business risks.
- Prepare/draft, review, negotiate, and interpret contracts, ensuring business needs and priorities are met while minimizing potential risks.
- Develop, maintain, and utilize contract forms, templates, checklists, guidelines, and policies.
- Recommend and implement improvements to existing contracts management strategies and operations.
- Participate in and assist with the resolution of contract disputes and claims.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Staff supervision and development - Yes
- Decision Making - Provides data for decision support; Supports and collaborates on policy development and resolves problems; provides consultation or expert advice
- Travel - 0%
- Location - Corporate HQ
Job Qualifications - Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required, paralegal's certificate from an ABA approved institution preferred, legal/contracts background preferred, transactional paralegal experience preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with contracts management and administration.
- Prior experience supervising and leading others is strongly preferred.
- Experience using a contracts management database; Cobblestone Software (Contract Insights) preferred.
Job Qualifications - Skills
- Analytical, critical thinker; ability to review a contract, define issues and risks, and suggest potential solutions. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and legal terms.
- Capable of working independently without direct supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to listen to and follow detailed direction.
- Good interpersonal skills sufficient to work with senior-level management and collaborate with peers and third party vendors.
- Strong conflict management skills and the ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Highly organized, great attention to detail, thorough, and must have the patience to review lengthy agreements and related documents.
- Ability to prioritize and focus on most critical tasks while managing multiple conflicting priorities.
- Keen sense of urgency and ability to take initiative and manage stress and strict deadlines.
- Ability to write reports, summaries, business correspondence, and policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft application suite, especially with MS Word and MS Excel.
General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- lift up to 15 lbs.
In 1977, when Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business, we made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 40 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less. We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion company with over 30 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you.