Security and Fire Electrical Installer - Military Veterans
What you will do
Under specific supervision, performs routine installation and checkout on a variety of systems utilizing codes, company procedures, engineering drawings and personal analysis. Works with "Prime" electrical contractors as required. Develops a positive interface with the customer to ensure confidence and satisfaction with the system installation.
How you will do it
- Installs raceways, cables and wiring to meet local or national codes, standards and customer system requirements.
- Mounts and terminates controls equipment as needed.
- May assist sales with electrical estimates, including walking retrofit projects.
- Checks out wiring and terminations with test instruments as needed.
- Keeps management informed of job needs, progress and issues.
- Completes paperwork, including but not limited to time sheets, expense reports, and on-site documentation. Provides feedback to JCI Engineering on changes and keeps as-built drawings current.
- Resolves job site conflicts regarding installation issues or escalates concerns to management as required.
- Communicates with the customer as necessary upon arrival and before leaving the work site.
- Adheres to Johnson Controls safety programs and policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What we look for
- Electrical apprenticeship or formal training in electrical installation techniques
- Possesses journeyman's level electrical licensure
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret drawings
- Possesses working knowledge of local codes as it applies to controls
- Experienced in scope determination of installation materials
- Able to work independently
- Four years' experience directly with controls installations is preferred
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
A GLOBAL LEADER
The future is being built today, and Johnson Controls is making that future more productive, more secure and more sustainable. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. At its core, that promise is about delivering innovation that make people’s lives – and the world – better.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Explore our site to learn how our innovative solutions are driving the future of urban efficiency.