DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Methodist Hospital | Stone Oak
Clinical Laboratory Scientist Team Leader
Full Time – Evening Shift – Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Laboratory department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are seeking a CLS Team Leader to join our team who coordinates and monitors activities of laboratory employees, assists Manager with the personnel management activities, resolves issues (problems) as they arise, and may perform professional level specimen processing and testing. Processes specimens for the section; prepares blood smears and body fluid slides, centrifuges specimens, streaks microbiology plates, prepares specimens for transport to reference labs.
Your role: Clinical Laboratory Scientist Team Leader
- Coordinates and monitors daily activities of laboratory employees; assists Manager in personnel management activities that may include work allocation, interviewing, orientation and training, evaluating performance; making recommendations for personnel actions, and motivating employees to achieve peak performance. May conduct employee counseling.
- Understands laboratory methods, demonstrates knowledge of pathological processes with correlation of disease states and test results. Performs specimen processing and testing to include moderate and high complexity testing (as appropriate per facility). Assumes accountability for accuracy of test results.
- Understands and applies CQI procedures and principles. Communicates any relevant CQI issues to Supervisor or Manager. Designs quality assurance monitors/projects, reports findings, and takes corrective action.
- Demonstrates pro-active problem solving skills to include identifying a problem and taking appropriate action; communicates necessary information to Supervisor or Manager.
- Acts as a resource to customers, both within and outside the department. Accepts responsibility for own development to include cross-training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or to permit flexible staffing assignments.
- Reviews, writes or modifies departmental procedures or policies
A Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in a clinical laboratory are preferred.
One of the following certifications is required: MT (ASCP), MLS(ASCP), MT (AMT), MT (AAB), CLS (NCA), MT (HEW), MLT(ASCP), or MLT(AMT). The certification requirement is waived for those with a minimum of 10 years of lab experience.
Opening in March 2009, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. Ours is a beautiful, streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available and staffed by people who genuinely care for the well-being of others. The hospital’s services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services. In November 2017 the hospital expanded by more than 100,000 square feet and increased our licensed beds to 242.
Methodist Stone Oak Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. The hospital belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients. Methodist Stone Oak Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. We have also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating out of thousands of hospitals. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Stone Oak Hospital under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.