Under the supervision of the Facility Manager the HVAC Mechanic Lead must have the ability to lead all duties and responsibilities of an HVAC section. Provides maintenance, repair and replacement of heating, refrigeration and air conditioning equipment. Perform the maintenance, repair, and replacement of heating, refrigeration, and air conditioning equipment. Conducts periodic inspections, identifies problem areas and coordinates repair methods. Respond to emergency service calls.
- Must have the ability to lead all duties and responsibilities of an HVAC section.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and technical assistance to HVAC Mechanics in the performance of their day-to-day activities.
- Provides maintenance, repair and replacement of heating, refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.
- Operates, maintains, and repairs HVAC, heating, and refrigeration equipment. Treats air by controlling temperature, humidity, cleanliness, and distribution of specific areas through an integrated air condition and ventilation equipment, accessories, and control devices.
- Experience with chilled and heated water systems, boilers, hydronic hot/cold water distribution systems, packaged and split systems, air delivery systems, and their controls and components
- Solders, brazes, and performs minor electrical work and troubleshoots equipment to a replaceable component level.
- Reads and interprets WOs, parts requests, drawings/schematics/blueprints, and manuals to accomplish and maintain maintenance. Must be able to work alone.
- Education/Certifications: One year of related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Industrial Trade Certificate/Diploma in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- NATE certification to perform maintenance work and repairs on HVAC systems NATE certification (Oil Hydronic) to perform maintenance work and repairs on Boiler systems
- All HVAC mechanics must hold a valid Universal EPA refrigeration handling certification
- Requires five (5) years' of HVAC experience with trade certifications in refrigeration, heating, and cooling systems
- Most time spent indoors but possible exposure to hot temperatures when working outside. Possible exposure to distracting/uncomfortable noise levels and vibration of body and extremities. Risk of bodily injury from mechanical parts, electricity, etc.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.