The Document Control Clerk is responsible for maintaining program Quality Management System (QMS) records to meet the Performance Work Statement (PWS), Vectrus and US Government standards, directives and requirements. This position reports to the Quality Supervisor or designee
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Manage the Control of Document & Control of Records processes within the QMS. Directs coordination, technical, compliance, and schedules efforts on assigned CDRLs and Documents. Prepares Document Control plans, including strategy, innovations, outlines, and detailed schedules that explains the tasks required to accomplish milestones and complete events according to the requirements and answering the customer’s needs IAW the guidelines established by the Company.
- Prepares drafts of standardized sections. Writes, edits, and rewrites technical sections resolving any questions with originating authors. Arranges documents in prescribed format and owns document appearance, including proposal formatting, style, and voice. Ensures comprehensive reviews of written material IAW good business practices, and both Company and Program policies and procedures.
- Monitors program functions and support operations for compliance with ISO.
- Provide and coordinate administrative support to ensure control of departmental records. Maintain accurate tracking records for routing and approval process of controlled documents.
- Assemble and analyze information, prepare reports organize and maintain electronic files. Maintain Document Control files, keep records, compile reports and process documents in a timely manner.
- Draft and produce grammatically correct, accurate and complete documents, records, forms and other correspondence.
- Participate and facilitate, as required, in Quality partnering meetings with Internal and External Customers.
- Establishes and maintains SharePoint Document/Records Control site. Trains Team Members and reviewers on the use of the SharePoint site, Document/Records Control.
- Performs other duties as assigned. May work special projects and assist in other projects as needed.
- Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum of One (1) – three (3) yrs. of Document Management Experience.
- Advanced computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Tools (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, etc.) is required. Understanding of basic/routine office procedures, including filing, record management and archiving documentation is also required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from country of origin for the purpose of obtaining and maintaining a valid military or Kuwait Driver’s License.
- Preferred Experience: Certification as an ISO 9001 Auditor (or ability to obtain), and Quality Management System (QMS) experience are preferred.
- Should have a good understanding of Government procurement, Federal Government contracts, regulations, and procedures, and Government operations in support of Base Operations & Maintenance services.
- Strong organizational skills necessary.
- Ability to work with a very diverse workforce.
- Self-motivated; proactively offer suggestions for improvement and demonstrates initiative.
- Must have the ability to work autonomously or in a team environment. Has expertise in writing SOP'S, Plans, Work Instructions, Project Orders and developing process maps.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills sufficient to clearly convey messages to co-workers, customers, and all levels of management.
- Possess the ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail, work independently, and make decisions based on face-to-face, phone and/or email communication with all levels of personnel.
- Must be able to work in a high-stress, fast paced environment and demonstrate the flexibility required to handle a very dynamic work environment.
- Must exhibit strong time management and organizational skills.
- Candidate must possess professional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Works in a general office environment. However, duties will involve the conduct of work in the outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions including frequent dust storms, and high temperatures – upwards of 130 degrees in the summer months. Potential exposure to chemical or biological agents could exist. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in certain areas is required. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with all Fire, Safety and post policies. Normal work week is 48 hours, but must be able to work overtime or nights as required.
- Work will require lifting up to 25 lbs., stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, and prolonged sitting. Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire and Safety Regulations and published company work rules.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.