Principal Mech Design Engr - Military Veterans
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
Principal Mechanical Design Engr is responsible to deploy the generative and simulation lead design in product development. This role defines the standard tools and process for generative and simulation lead design, Model based engineering deployment across organization with aim to cut down the product development cycle time and cost by 50%. This role is responsible for developing a community of practitioners by closely working with engineering and design functions across organizations to drive the change management and thought leadership on Generative and Simulation Led Design.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Define & Execute strategy for Model Based Engineering across organization
· Establish current and future state for Model Based Engineering (MBE) across organization, improve MBE Maturity with key deployments
· Deploy Generative design and Simulation led design across business, Define KPI, and Strong MOS to mature practices across organization
· Define and execute standard design tools for MCAD and ECAD, drive business adoption to enterprise standards
· Deploy ASME Y-14 standards across design community, drive automation, knowledge-based engineering design
· Collaborate with PLM Team to consistently drive MCAD and ECAD integration with PLM system
· Collaborate with MCAD and ECAD vendors, Evaluate & Provide SLA performance feedback to vendors
· Prepare MCAD/ECAD/ CAM tools ready for Model based enterprise deployment
· Provide necessary support to Integrate, Automate & Migrate MCAD/ECAD Apps.
· Mechanical Engineering Degree or Equivalent with 15 years’ experience
· Hands on experience in Generative Design, Simulation Led Design using PTC Creo/ Siemens NX/ Ansys Discovery/ Ansys DFM
· Hands on experience of eCAD tools such as Mentor and Synopsis/ Cadence
· Experience in Model based engineering (MBE) deployment and ASME Y14 standards across a large-scale engineering organization
· Experience in leading transformation projects in Mechanical Design and Simulation that have Cycle time and development cost 50%
· Product development experience around MCAD and ECAD
· Experience on Knowledge Based Engineering for Design
· Knowledge of Structural, Thermal, Fluids and Electromagnetic simulations
· Have a Passion for Winning: Never give up in the face of resistance and setbacks. Have fearless accountability for getting results
· Zealot for Growth: Promote confidence and trust. Aggressively focus on new opportunities and obsess with growth.
· Thinks Big…Then Makes It Happen: Be willing to re-examine almost anything, Challenges the status Quo, Translates high level goals into actionable plans.
· Be Courageous: Take bold action on what you believe is right. Confront problems directly and face adversity head on. Be comfortable being unpopular when required and press on
· Inspire Greatness: Receptive to ideas from others. Shares information. Collaborative.
· Act with Urgency: Works effectively in ambiguous situations while making timely decisions in the face of uncertainty and persists in the face of obstacles.
· Go Beyond: Sets high personal standards of performance, consistently track record of delivering on commitments
WE VALUE :
· Self-starter that thrives in an ambiguous environment
· Strong influencing skills. Should be able to work in highly matrix organization. Must be able to influence across boundaries, functions and organizations at all levels of the organization
· Accomplished change agent, able to drive strategic initiatives and thrive in uncertainties
· Excellent planning, execution, communication, and project-management skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to make effective presentations.
- JOB ID: HRD113103
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Devarabisanahalli Village, KR Varturhobli,,East Taluk - Phase I,Bangalore,KARNATAKA,560103,India