World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.Entity and activity description
The science of electronics is transforming exponentially through innovation and connectivity around the planet. Every day, breakthroughs are making technologies – from micro-processors, memory chips and flat panels to photovoltaic cells – even smaller and more powerful, opening up countless new possibilities in how the world lives, works and connects. Air Liquide Advanced Materials grows by enabling our customers to innovate. Our ALOHA™ and Voltaix® products are critical to the manufacturer of the newest computer chips required for Big Data and the Internet of Things.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Please click on link before for additional information regarding Air Liquide Advanced Materials:
Air Liquide Advanced Materials (ALAM)Job Responsibilities
Located in High Springs, FL
Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising employees in a manufacturing environment: plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. This position may be required to work night shift rotation, weekends and holidays along with being flexible to changing schedule and shift as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise group of technicians responsible for chemical production and repackaging operation for Chemical operations at ALAM
- Drives a culture of “Do It Safe, Do It Right the First Time” with their actions and their words on a daily basis
- Responsible for planning and assigning work
- Responsible for implementing policies and procedures
- Responsible for recommending improvements in safety, production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions
- Must be able to improve working conditions (safety, quality, and productivity) and increase subordinates' skills and capabilities.
- Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Makes employment decisions. Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
- Balances quality, productivity, manpower, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Works to continuously improve in all areas.
- Maintains proper inventory levels- both product and raw materials and manufacturing supplies.
- Manages department priorities; including training programs necessary for meeting plant schedules. Oversee the training of new personnel on production systems and functional cross-training
- Resolves non-conformance issues relating to Operations Department
- Is responsible for all other duties as assigned
- Oversee daily production requirements of repack and formulated products
- Oversee daily task and year scheduling for production personnel
- Train job functions of production personnel by SOP and specifications
- Coordinate calibration schedule of production equipment with applicable vendors and or maintenance department
- Update and maintain standard operating procedures for production
- Investigate root causes of contamination, troubleshooting and QIR issues
- Review product SPC/SQC alerts, perform investigation as needed and respond with corrective and preventive actions
- Coordinate with Facilities and Team leaders on issues and projects. Communicate between teams to share best practices
- Provide monthly input on notable accomplishments and regular reports
- Successfully complete all required training
- Evaluates employees performing tasks which require qualification to assess competency and to assure that employees can perform task safely and correctly.
- Assures that: employees do not work unsupervised until their training and qualification process is complete; Pre-Startup Safety Reviews are performed and Safe Work Permits are used where required: plant documentation, including SOPs and master plant drawings are kept current and are available to employees
- Actively participate on ALAM’s emergency response (ER) team
- High School Diploma or GED required with 2+ years work ex
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role, preferably in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Strong problem solving skills, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities satisfactorily
- Strong team player
- Solid understanding of chemical processing systems
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment, including pumps, piping, manifolds and valves
- Knowledge of UHP chemical characteristics and contamination control
- Knowledge of mechanical processing systems
- Computer literate in MS Office
- Strong team leadership, communication and organizational skills
- On call 24/7- nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as required
- College Degree, Chemistry or Engineering discipline
- Safety leadership training, or equivalent
- Experience in an Air Liquide Supervisor role
Air Liquide is a global leader, constantly striving to stay on top in a fast paced, high-tech industry. Our careers provide you with an immediate opportunity to contribute. We give you the responsibility to find customer solutions and the autonomy needed to get things done. The diversity of our businesses and our worldwide operations mean a career at Air Liquide can take you almost anywhere you want to go.
Air Liquide Group relies on the skills and commitment of over 43,000 people throughout the world with a broad range of responsibilities in a variety of industries. It is through their efforts that we have become a world leader in industrial and medical gases with a reputation for excellence.
The diversity of our employees is a driving force behind our success. Present in over 75 countries, our people are a mixture or gender, race, culture, nationality, education and professional experience. Their combined competencies allow us to capitalize on fast changing opportunities worldwide.
One of Air Liquide's strategic themes is developing our talents. Recruiting, training, mobility...more competent and motivated teams are and will continue to be one of the foundations of Air Liquide's growth and leadership.
Our Career Philosophy
At Air Liquide we trust in the initiative of our people. We believe our employees are the source of our success and rely on their intelligence, creativity and determination to continuously improve our performance. We give people responsibility and trust them to get the job done. The link between our employees and our success means we must continuously attract the best people. To do so, Air Liquide must be a great place to work. Our mission is to ensure this is the case.
A career at Air Liquide means the opportunity to explore many different types of work all over the world while remaining within the same company. It means being part of a company heavily invested in your development—your success drives ours and we prepare you to succeed. It also means working for a company that believes your success is dependent on a healthy balance between your personal and professional lives.