The Supply Technician reports to the Supply Technician, Lead and is responsible for supervision and execution of logistics services supporting the LOGCAP V contract. Possesses a functional, comprehensive working knowledge of the US Army Supply System, including both Wholesale and Retail Operations. Individual must be familiar with and have the ability to identify Military and commercial equipment, including a working knowledge of sets, kits, and outfits (SKOs). Experience with property accountability and warehouse operations required. Performs daily operations and all assigned tasks in support of the Class VII and warehouse operations.
- This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Performs supervisory duties to include overseeing daily warehouse operations, including but not limited to storage, inventories, and preparation of all supporting accountability documentation. Thorough knowledge of Army property and warehousing operations required.
- Examines stock to verify quantities and conformance to specifications. Stores materiel in bins, on the floor, on shelves, or in containers according to identifying information.
- Compiles reports on use of stock, adjustments of inventory count and stock records, damage, or shelf life of stock, location changes, and denial of shipments.
- Prepares CDRLs for inventory, receipts, issues, and others support requirements of the Performance Work Statement (PWS).
- Fills orders or issues supplies from stock. Prepares periodic, special, or perpetual inventory of stock.
- Places identifying codes, figures, letters, or marks on articles using labeling equipment.
- Makes adjustments to articles carried in stock. May determine methods of storage, identification, and stock location, considering temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capacities, and required space.
- Moves or transports materiel or supplies to other Departments using pallet jacks, forklifts, or industrial trucks.
- Responsible for physical security of sensitive and pilferable items and ensures they are stored in accordance with all Army Regulations and local policy.
- Maintains inventory and other stock records using computer terminals, with inventory designated according to material, equipment, or product stored, i.e. retail or wholesale items.
- Receives, stores, and sorts unserviceable equipment and supplies for disposal.
- Monitors and evaluates work performance of logistics personnel to ensure compliance with Contract requirements.
- Uses good judgment and available information in order to resolve issues and remains objective at all times when listening to conflicting perspectives.
- Demonstrates professionalism, handles stressful situations, and provides a high level of Customer service in a calm and professional manner.
- Maintains an effective working relationship at all levels of the organization, as well as with Client personnel.
- Reports any violations of on-duty conduct beyond his/her control to Site Manager.
- Ensures Employee performance evaluations are prepared professionally and submitted in a timely fashion to facilitate retention of quality personnel.
- Ensures Employee timesheets are complete and accurate before submission.
- Ensures operational performance of staff is compliant with established safety policies and regulations.
- Ensures safeguarding and accountability of assigned property, materiel, and equipment.
- Develops and implements Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for accomplishment of daily tasks.
- Implements work performance training when required.
- May be performing other administrative tasks as determined by the Storage Supervisor or at the direction of the Supply Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required; Associate Degree preferred.
- Certification in GCSS-Army or other STAMIS is required.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in logistics and warehousing. Related Military experience in Supply and Logistics desired.
- Functional, comprehensive working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Military supply accountability.
- working knowledge of Supply Room operations and inventory management is required.
- Experience with Maximo® Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) System desirable.
OCN Qualifications & Experience:
- High School education or equivalent
- Three years related experience.
- One year leadership experience.
- Must read, speak and write English fluently.
- Experience with Maximo preferred.
- National Property Management Association (NPMA), Certified Property Specialist or above.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of GCSS-Army.
- Must have effective communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work with people of diverse background.
- Possesses good Customer service, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Must be knowledgeable of/possesses the ability to identify the Military rank structure.
- Must be able to function effectively with little to no guidance.
- Proper use of Material Handling Equipment (MHE), such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very
- adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to
- physical, chemical, or biological agents. Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to,
- head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices. Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.