Credit & Collections Associate II - Ashland, WI Job - Military Veterans
Location(s): WI - Ashland
Do you want to start your career at a leading energy company with lots of room to grow? If you’re ready to work hard in an environment where you’ll be challenged, respected, and encouraged to develop your skills and talents, an entry-level job at Xcel Energy is your first step.
Xcel Energy is expanding our customer contact center by hiring more virtual employees in the Ashland, WI area, and we are looking for motivated individuals to join our team. Successful candidates will work from home permanently, however, should be within one-hour of the Ashland Service Center.
Onboarding and new hire training and actual work arrangement will take place virtually. To accommodate this, all new hires will need to have access to reliable high-speed internet, and a place in their home or other location where they are able to work without interruption.
The position starts at $14.25 per hour with shift and Bilingual premiums available. New hires will be eligible for $250 retention bonuses at 4 months, 8 months, and 12 months. (Total of $750) if employee is meeting expectations.
Training Schedule: Monday - Friday 9:30am – 6:00pm; permanent schedule options with start times between 10:30am and 11:30am as well as a weekend rotation will be reviewed during information sessions.
What can Xcel Energy offer you?
- 6 weeks of classroom training followed by 4 weeks of a supported learning environment
- Set schedule
- Competitive benefits package including:
- Pension, tuition reimbursement, 17+ PTO days and MORE
- Opportunity to work from home (must live within 1 hour of contact center)
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Performance and sales incentives
The Customer Contact Representative’s primary responsibility is to resolve any issues our customers might face and ensure their satisfaction. Contact Center Representatives will consult with customers on their energy needs and resolve issues in one contact. Build trust with customers by anticipating their needs and efficiently providing accurate information. Educate customers on various company products and services that enhance their experience. Understand complex electric and gas rate options across multiple service territories. Analyze and assist customers with complicated requests and questions. Accountable for individual performance indicators of customer satisfaction, quality and productivity to ensure that the overall business objectives are achieved.
- Provide high quality customer interaction through multiple channels in a Contact Center environment.
- Anticipate the customer’s needs and consults with them by offering solutions and problem solving.
- Responds to complex inquiries.
- Provide technical support to customers.
- Respond to gas and electric emergency situations with a high degree of accuracy to ensure public safety.
- Participate in on call rotation required.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including work on special projects.
- 1+ year of customer service experience required, 18 months preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bilingual/Spanish experience is a plus.
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will calibrate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: WI - Ashland || WI - Ashland || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 66989:Credit Call Ctr Centre Pointe || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $14.25 per hour
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 29186
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
Built to Last
We deliver energy; we deliver on our commitments
We are a major U.S. electric and natural gas company with annual revenues of $10.3 billion. Based in Minneapolis, Minn., we operate in eight states. We provide a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
We have a straightforward strategy we call Building the Core. We invest in our core businesses to provide safe, reliable energy to customers at a reasonable price. We demonstrate our commitment to the environment. And we serve our communities.