DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you looking for a work environment as a Medical Technologist where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with HCA Midwest Health today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
We are now accepting applications for full time, part-time and PRN Medical Technologist positions! One application is all you need to be considered for all of our facilities which include:
Research Medical Center - Overland Park Regional Medical Center - Menorah Medical Center - Lee's Summit Medical Center - Belton Medical Center - Lafayette Regional Health Center - Centerpoint Medical Center
Currently offering $10,000 Sign On Bonus for Qualified Candidates
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We strive to provide the best possible care to our patients.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Healthcare family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Medical Technologist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
A Medical Technologist is a highly skilled health professional who tests and analyzes blood, other body fluids, and tissue samples. Medical Technologists are responsible for operating and maintaining the equipment used to analyze specimens and ensuring that tests are completed in a correct and timely manner.
- Under the general supervision of the Section Manager/Lead Technologist performs preanalytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties, data entry, specimen collection, and specimen processing
- You will perform waived, moderate complexity, and high complexity biochemical/hematologic testing on blood and body fluids as defined by CLIA 1988
- You will perform post analytic testing responsibilities including test reporting, verification, investigation of technical, instrumental, and/or physiologic causes of unexpected test results, and monitoring of quality control
- You will maintain inventory of supplies and reagents
- You will maintain non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and centrifuges as well as a safe work area
- You will demonstrate professional work habits and interpersonal skills
- You will participate in performance improvement activities, evaluation of new test methodologies/instrumentation, and management of laboratory data
- You will correlate abnormal laboratory data with pathologic states to determine validity and/or whether follow-up tests should be performed
- You will teach theory and procedures using educational methodology to clinical laboratory science (medical technology) students
- You will assist with the orientation and training of MLT/CLT, Non-registered MT/CLS, and Registered MT/CLS employees.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Bachelor degree in medical technology/clinical laboratory science or related science required OR Bachelor degree & certification is subspecialty area OR “Grandfathered” as medical technologist by CLIA ‘88
- Certification as MT (ASCP)/CLS(NCA) or as appropriate, subspecialty certification such as BB(ASCP), C(ASCP), M(ASCP), etc. required. New graduates will be given a one year grace period from their graduation date to achieve proper ASCP/CLS certification. A new graduate will be required to sign a letter agreement stipulating this requirement.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high degree of accuracy; detail oriented, verbal communication
- Basic laboratory equipment and instrumentation, keyboarding
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Medical Technologist like you to be a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.