KBX Technology Solutions is looking for a Cloud Engineer to join our team! This role will be part of a team that builds the automation around provisioning, monitoring, and updating cloud infrastructure. The role will also be responsible for finding opportunities to improve our architecture using cloud and cloud-native technologies.
Security, data privacy, and system resilience are integral to the design and architecture. A candidate should have an appreciation for running platforms in the cloud with respect to security, cost, performance, and complexity.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work independently, or within the construct of a platform product team, to understand the technical requirements of our product teams to deliver creative solutions which meet or exceed those needs.
- Maintain awareness of emerging cloud-based industry trends and technologies which may create value.
- Produce and maintain documentation to support solutions that you have developed/deployed to aid in the support of the solution.
- Monitor cloud infrastructure to identify areas of improvement, reliability, cost savings, etc.
- Maintain and implement monitoring and alerting to help manage and ensure Service Level Agreements
- Configuration management, review, and governance of Cloud resources, identity and access management (IAM), etc.
- Enhance and maintain Continuous Delivery and Continuous Delivery pipelines (CI/CD)
- Automating our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our Cyber Security standards
- Performing software upgrades, kernel patching, and errata patches.
- Working with our automation stack - Cloud Formation, Terraform, etc.
- Actively troubleshooting any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Troubleshooting and providing technical support services
- On-call rotation support for level 2 support issues.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 4 years’ experience with deploying to and operating cloud environments and configuration management (AWS and/or Azure).
- Experience automating deployment of IaaS components including storage, network, and compute.
- Skills in automation and provisioning technologies, such as Cloud Formation or Terraform
- Understanding of cloud paradigms (tenancy, resource pools, elasticity, SOA, etc.), components (networking, hypervisors, storage, monitoring/logging/alarming, security, etc.), and service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, serverless, etc.)
- Experience with IAM management of cloud resources.
- At least 2 years’ experience managing Kubernetes/Docker environment.
- Knowledge of systems operations, networking, and application servers
- Experience performing design/build/support of multiple operating systems (Linux, Windows)
- At least 2 years’ experience using source code management using Git.
- At least 2 years’ experience with scripting languages
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum teams and proficient in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
What Will Put You Ahead
- A degree in computer science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience deploying to and operating in AWS cloud.
- Working knowledge of C# .NET Core language
- Experience with Blue/Green & Canary deployments
- Experience with Gloo Edge for cloud-native API gateway functionality
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Dev Ops for source control and Agile process.
- Experience managing Kafka implementations.
- Experience with relational databases is a plus (PostgreSQL, MSSQL)
- Experience with Datadog for monitoring and application integrations.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This role is eligible for variable pay based on performance and other related factors. Variable pay may be issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Employees may be eligible to participate in our benefits programs which include: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts, life insurance, AD&D, disability, retirement, paid vacation, paid parental leave and educational assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline.
For this position we anticipate paying $135,000 to $180,000 per year.
Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ about 60,000 people. They have invested about $45 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures since 2003 to make life better around the world by efficiently converting resources into products and services that people depend on every day.
Our major industries include refining, chemicals and biofuels; process and pollution control equipment and technologies; minerals; fertilizers; polymers and fibers; commodity trading and services; forest and consumer products; and ranching.
Since 1960, the value of the Standard & Poor's 500 grew 100-fold (assuming the reinvestment of dividends). During that same period, the value of Koch Industries grew nearly 3,500-fold (using the same assumptions). The growth of Koch companies has been achieved both through acquisitions and through expansion and broadening of existing businesses. Contributing to the company’s continued growth is the shareholders’ long-time policy of reinvesting 90 percent of earnings.
We have long been committed to creating real, sustainable value for all of society. For decades, Koch companies have supported education and social progress. These philanthropic efforts include support for educational institutions, foundations and programs that study and promote market-based solutions to societal challenge. Koch also works to protect, conserve and enhance natural resources; Koch companies around the world have earned more than 550 awards for safety, environmental excellence, community stewardship, innovation and customer service since January 2009.
AT&T | Dallas, Texas
AT&T | Plano, Texas
AT&T | Dallas, Texas
Koch Industries | Dallas, Texas
AT&T | Dallas, Texas
PepsiCo | Plano, Texas
PepsiCo | Plano, Texas
AMN Healthcare | Dallas, Texas
Kelly | Plano, Texas
Lockheed Martin Corporation | Fort Worth, Texas