- Complete definition and design of complex components, modules and sub systems. Contribute to the system engineering specification both within the field of one's expertise and broadening into other disciplines. Ensure designs meet market requirement specifications (MRS). Coordinate with project marketing and management to understand sub system requirements. Be able to chair architecture brainstorming meetings and drive the systems process to down select to a final architecture of a subsystem.
- Conduct detailed engineering analysis of sub systems using vast knowledge of design concepts and functional requirements pertaining to field of technical expertise and broadening into other disciplines. Assist in creating concepts for architectural design approaches. Evaluate architectures to provide recommendation for best system solution approach.
- Build and qualify prototypes of new designs, or procure entire subsystems from outsourced suppliers and test for compliance with detailed specifications
- Problem identification and troubleshooting a variety of difficult engineering problems in field of technical expertise, including serviceability and manufacturability.
- Support System Integration during the assembly and final testing of new product designs.
- Perform and coordinate tests as per internal as well as industry-accepted reliability specifications. Make suitable design or operational changes as required.
- Support system engineering projects that have a substantial mix of electrical, mechanical, physics, algorithms and software design, and understand the underlying system implications.
- Provide remote and onsite support to field support personnel as required.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Years of Experience:4 - 7 Years
Travel:Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A global leader in the nanomanufacturing technology solutions for the electronics industry, Applied Materials is built on the strength of talented people. We offer a wide variety of job opportunities for experienced professionals and recent college students/graduates that will capitalize on your current skills while broadening your experience and engaging you in a dynamic, fast-changing industry.
Here, you will work in community to achieve a common goal and encounter exciting new challenges every day. Our company is continually evolving: implementing innovations to make semiconductors more portable, powerful, and affordable than ever before.