Project Manager - Healthcare IS - Military Veterans
Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle. Through its specialized IT services, PCG’s Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base. To learn more, visit https://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/technology-consulting/
The Consultant/Project Manager will be expected to provide project management to our internal team as well as expert analysis and risk and recommendation strategies to our clients. The Consultant will work with our current team to provide deliverables and work products in accordance with our overall strategy, approach, and methodology. They may be called upon to lead a portion of oversight and assessment activities with a diverse set of skills and expertise to provide technical oversight and subject matter expertise. As such, the Consultant must be knowledgeable and practiced in all aspects of information technology system life cycle development processes and capabilities. Representative duties would include maintaining project plans and schedules, preparing project reports, and monitoring activities, tasks, processes, and deliverables of the vendor and/or client. The Consultant/Project Manager contributes to the written assessment reports and recommendations developed by the project team in helping to ensure they employ best practices, satisfy project requirements, and address risk to the project, all while working closely with the vendor and/or client staff.
• Provide project management and technical expertise on large-scale IT projects
• Provide technical oversight of applicable vendor and/or client processes, methodologies, and tools to minimize risk and validate the applicable requirements, standards and best practices are being followed on the project.
• Lead a portion of IV&V services in technical reviews and assessments of vendor and/or client tasks, deliverables, and work products, including providing recommendations for risk mitigation and acceptance.
• Monitor the technical aspects of the project and the vendor and/or client activities providing input and guidance that supports efficiencies to the client and project.
• Support the client and stakeholders in the planning and strategy discussions on the best approach for addressing risks and issues as they occur, in an effort to ensure that the project remains on schedule and within budget.
• Understand various software development life cycle methodologies and how they are used
• Oversees development of all deliverables, monthly reports and other work products
• Maintain project plans and schedules
• Participate in business development by identifying new opportunities and assisting with proposal development
• Self-directed and comfortable initiating client assessments, meetings, and other tasks
• 3+ years of project management or consulting experience
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university; advanced degree from an accredited college/university preferred
• Experience in government, healthcare or financial industry
• Completed Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, or similar Project Management certification.
• Extensive experience with the implementation, operations, or maintenance of large complex IT systems on multiple platforms and environments.
• Knowledgeable and experienced in multiple areas (e.g., Requirements, Test) of a project’s system development life cycle
• EMR/EHR experience
• Medicaid experience
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.
Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas
Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Public Consulting Group (PCG) has nearly 2,000 professionals in over 60 offices around the U.S., in Canada, and in Europe who are dedicated to delivering leading consulting approaches and technologies to public sector clients.Who We Serve
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a management consulting firm that primarily serves public sector education, health, human services, and other state, county, and municipal government clients. Established in 1986 with headquarters in Boston, the firm has extensive experience in all 50 states, clients in six Canadian provinces, and a growing practice in the European Union.
Because PCG has dedicated itself almost exclusively to the public sector for nearly 30 years, the firm has developed a deep understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements and fiscal constraints that often dictate a public agency's ability to meet the needs of the populations it serves. We have helped numerous public sector organizations to maximize resources, make better management decisions using performance measurement techniques, improve business processes, improve federal and state compliance, and improve client outcomes. Many of PCG's nearly 2,000 employees have extensive experience and subject matter knowledge in a range of government-related topics, from child welfare, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Welfare to Work (WtW), and Medicaid and Medicare policy to special education, literacy and learning, and school-based health finance. PCG's current work includes more than 1,000 active contracts in more than 40 states.
PCG has five designated practice areas which each have a proven track record of achieving desired results for clients. The firm often combines resources from two or more practice areas to offer a multidisciplinary approach to solve a client's challenge or pursue an opportunity.