Seasonal – Merchandising Service Associate – Plant Services - Military Veterans
**What You Will Do**
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Seasonal Merchandising Service Associate – Plant Service, this means focusing on Live Plants while:
• Being friendly and professional, and engaging vendors and associates to meet store needs.
• Ensuring signage, pricing information, and displays are accurate so that merchandise is easy to locate.
• Creating visually appealing product selections that are safe, clean, and easy for customers to access.
The Seasonal Merchandising Service Associate – Plant Service is primarily responsible for overseeing execution of all assigned Live Nursery merchandising service responsibilities and maintenance activities. This involves working outside in the garden center, ensuring merchandise is stocked, fronted, and priced according to plantograms and store-specific merchandising standards (e.g., stock, displays, promotion space).
The Seasonal Merchandising Service Associate – Plant Service works closely with the Merchandising Service Manager, Live Nursery Associates and store leaders to confirm priorities and needs (e.g., materials, supplies, time) while also providing ongoing plant service updates and feedback.
The Seasonal MSA – Plant Service is required to maintain a safe and secure work environment by conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping store areas clean and organized, and monitoring for potential theft or security risks.
_Travel Requirements: This role may require regular travel to stores within assigned pods, neighboring stores and to meetings/trainings._
**What We\'re Looking For**
• Hourly Seasonal: Generally scheduled 10 to 40 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
• Requires morning, afternoon, evening, and overnight availability any weekday or weekend
• May be asked to travel between stores within the district.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
**What You Need To Succeed**
• Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
• Ability to work overnight and weekends as required.
• Ability to utilize web based computer programs to accomplish assigned tasks.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 6 months of Lowe’s sales floor experience.
• 6 months of experience performing product merchandising tasks including reading plantograms, setting up and tearing down displays.
• 3 months of experience operating power equipment such as lifts, order pickers, and similar equipment
• Working knowledge of basic tools needed for the job (e.g., hand tools, drills, saws).
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Our Military Commitment
At Lowe's, our commitment to recognize, honor, and respect those who serve in our country's military is rooted in our history and informs the decisions we make today:
- Lowe's was founded on the heels of World War II, by veteran Carl Buchan, whose leadership and vision helped us grow from a small hardware store in Wilkesboro, NC, into the FORTUNE 100® company we are today.
- Lowe's is ranked #38 among GI Job's "Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers®".
- Lowe's is part of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP), working with military installation contacts to promote job opportunities to military spouses.
- Lowe's is an Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Partner.
- Lowe's offers extended benefits for employees serving in the military.
We regularly participate in a variety of military-sponsored events and job fairs across the country, looking for more people to join the Lowe's team of military veterans. At more than 14,000 strong, our military veteran employees work in roles across our organization, from management to retail and customer support. And we demonstrate our appreciation for them in many ways, including:
- A 10% discount to all veterans during Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Veterans Day weekends; and a 10% discount every day to all active, reserve, retired and disabled veterans who carry a valid, military-issued photo ID card.
- Regular support for the military and the USO, including recent refurbishments to 16 USO centers across the U.S., to help welcome home our returning troops.
- The Lowe's Employee Giving Campaign, which allows employees to set aside a portion of their paycheck, to benefit the USO and other organizations, which Lowe's will match 50 cents to the dollar.
The military instills leadership, a strong work ethic, and a passion for a job well done. It allows pioneering spirits to demonstrate their commitment to teamwork and problem solving. And these are the traits of a Lowe's employee. As you focus on your post-military career, consider exploring the employment opportunities at Lowe's.