Amentum is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Springfield, VA to support our mission critical customer. Must be a US Citizen. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Government security clearance.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Performs engineering calculations, prepares specifications, performs analyses, performs testing, issues reports and maintains related data on assignments of advanced complexity.
- Prepares, reviews and approves drawings as required.
- Ensures quality, quantity and completeness of the assigned engineering tasks.
- Keeps proper engineering files and records.
- Continually upgrades technical knowledge and capabilities and pursues additional coursework and training.
- May provide technical guidance to a modest sized group of engineers, designers, and specialists.
- Fully versed in the methods of business development and able to lead the preparation of proposals.
- Fully versed with codes, permits and company cornerstone applications.
- Fully versed with and can check and review the work sequence, general content, and the methods used to generate specifications for the purchase of material, equipment, systems, services, or construction within a specific discipline.
- Fully versed with the process of preparing and checking of calculations as well as the approval, revision, retention, and storage of calculations with a specific discipline.
- Can oversee the review and checking of construction and vendor drawings.
- Fully versed in the collection and/or evaluation of data and information regarding technical and economic factors including physical, chemical, environmental, maintenance, operational, regulatory, constructibility, and/or schedule factors relating to a specific subject within a discipline.
- Leads or assists with the development of manpower, man-hour, and labor cost requirements for a project and can monitor it to aid in evaluating the budget.
- Leads estimating tasks and performs material take-offs for a specific discipline.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 7 years of job-related experience.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs
- The position requires the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software.
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain Professional Engineer registration in the state of VA within one test cycle of work start.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Government Security clearance.
- PE certification
- Active TS clearance
- CEM certification
Amentum brings industry-best expertise, processes, and technology to ensure the availability and reliability of our Government and commercial clients’ vital facilities and equipment. We apply our culture of excellence to operate, maintain, and manage your global assets and complex supply chains to meet modern challenges at home and abroad. You get the confidence that comes from a partner with on a century-long heritage of unrelenting dedication to our clients’ missions across the DoD, civilian agencies, and the IC.
Our leading technologies and repeatable processes are delivered by experts with a record of optimizing the quality and cost-effectiveness of support. Using tools such as our Facility Asset Management & Operations Services (FAMOS™) model, we integrate diverse operational elements into a single, unified approach providing control and visibility. This allows us to increase operational readiness and extend the life of critical facilities and equipment.
Amentum’s skilled workforce lives with outcomes rather than just works on them. Our employees hold the most sought-after certifications in the industry, including Program Management Professional (PMP), IT/Cyber, ITIL, and Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Our teams who maintain and modify vehicles, aircraft, and weapons systems work within disciplined environments certified to AS9001D, ISO 9001:2015, AS9110B, and AS9100C standards.
Whether it’s managing facilities supporting the IC’s classified missions, operating UAVs that protect our soldiers, or maintaining military equipment at remote bases abroad, Amentum has the experience, passion, and commitment to meet your critical needs.
- Equipment O&M/Asset Management
- Facility O&M and Range Support
- Global Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- IT/Network Support
- Satellite Communications
- Unmanned Systems