STS Technical Services is hiring A&P Mechanics in Oscoda, Michigan.
Job Duties & Requirements:
- A&P’s to perform hangar and line maintenance on mostly Boeing Commercial Aircraft
- Kalitta’s own fleet consists of 747s, 767s and 777s
- Mechanics do not need to be current or have an A&P, but they must have experience if they do not have a valid A&P
- The job duties of an A&P mechanic vary from preventive maintenance to repairs
- A mechanic makes routine inspections, documents inspections and repairs, performs scheduled maintenance and runs tests after making repairs or performing maintenance
- Job duties may vary based on which part of the plane is being worked on
- A mechanic working on the exterior of a plane may be fixing a broken wing, repairing paint or securing a door so it seals properly
- An A&P mechanic inspects, services and repairs airplanes to ensure they’re operating correctly and safely
- A mechanic is responsible for ensuring that airplanes get regular maintenance and that any problems are fixed correctly
- Mechanics may work on different parts of an aircraft, such as the engine, landing gear, brakes and pumps
- A mechanic working on the engine may be changing the oil, replacing belts or repairing a broken part
- An A&P mechanic must know and follow all regulations set by the FAA. FAA regulations govern the maintenance schedules, inspections and repairs made to airplanes. The FAA conducts regular checks on equipment and ensures regulations are being met.
- Long-term contract and direct hire positions are available. It’s all about you and what you prefer.
- Overtime is offered in abundance
- If you decide that you’d like to go direct, the benefits package you’ll receive is exceptional.
- Gain valuable experience working on 747’s and 767’s with the opportunity to obtain Gen Fam courses.
- A perfect landing place for veterans looking for a great career
- Due to a recent expansion, Kalitta Air just created 150 new jobs, and that means there are great advancement opportunities for those hoping to move into inspection, lead, supervisor and / or foreman roles
- Oscoda, Michigan offers a low-cost of living but a high-quality of life and a strong sense of community
- If you love the outdoors, you’ll love Oscoda. World class hunting and fishing is in your back yard
About STS Technical Services:STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries. Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore! If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787. STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer. #ZR
About STS Aviation Group
STS Aviation Group was founded in 1986, and over the past three decades, the company has grown to become a global powerhouse in the aerospace industry. With headquarters in Jensen Beach, Florida and offices around the world, our company provides a growing range of solutions to the global aviation industry. These solutions include component sales and distribution, workforce management, aircraft engineering services, line maintenance, and aircraft repair and modifications.
Over the years, STS Aviation Group has become widely known for its breadth of capabilities and customer-centric approach to helping airlines and aircraft operators meet their critical operational and people requirements all over the world.
To learn more about STS Aviation Group and what makes us the company with “Solutions to Keep You Flying,” browse the pages of this website or give us a call today at 1-800-800-2400.