This poisition is elegible for a $10,000 sign on bonus with a 2 year commitment to Mission Health, ask Recruiter for more details.
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Mission Hospital, we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a Trauma Care Stepdown, Registered Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
At Mission Hospital, we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401k retirement plan
- Identify Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan assistance program
- Employee discount program and lots more!
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Trauma Care Stepdown, Registered Nurse opening and continue to learn!
About the Department:
- The Trauma Care Step Down floor cares for patients from Adolescent through Geriatrics with trauma that can include car and motorcycle accidents, falls, gunshot wounds, head injuries, fractures, emergent general surgery as well as an overflow for Orthopedic patients.
Job Summary and Qualifications:
- Provides leadership which facilitates the delivery of professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients.
- Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to provide, delegate, supervise and document care and teaching of patients and family.
- Implements medically prescribed interventions.
Required Experience: One-year hospital nursing experience
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Effective 3/1/18 Bachelor of Science in Nursing OR enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program within 6 months AND obtain a BSN within 5 years of hire date into RN position.
- Previous signed BSN commitment letter OR grandfathering will be accepted between departments and Mission Health entities.
- Exemptions may be approved with CNO System Council approval.
- Masters in Nursing preferred
- Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON
- BLS Healthcare Provider
- National Certification in area of specialty preferred
Mission Hospital, located in Asheville, North Carolina, serves as the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care in western North Carolina and the adjoining region. Mission Hospital is licensed for more than 800 beds and houses the region’s only dedicated Level II trauma center. It also includes Mission Children’s Hospital – the region’s only children’s hospital. The flagship hospital of Mission Health, Mission Hospital has been consistently ranked as one of the nation’s Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics. Mission Hospital, a member of Mission Health, is an operating division of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr. HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Trauma Care Stepdown, Registered Nurse opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Current HCA employees and those employed by HCA anytime in the last 1 year are not eligible to receive the sign on bonus.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.
HCA Human Resources, LLC | Asheville, North Carolina