A Retread Route Driver's role is to pick up and deliver the needed Goodyear Commercial Tire and Service Center products as directed by Management in a timely and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of pickup and delivery of new and retreaded commercial tires, casings and other types of tire pickup and delivery between Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers locations, customers and Goodyear dealers
- Assisting with loading and unloading commercial tires, casings, wheels, mounted wheel assemblies and related products while following all safety rules and procedures
- Preparing customer billing documents
- Keeping all documents and maintenance records up to date on equipment assigned i.e. DOT Log.
- Performing general maintenance on truck and equipment
- Performing any other duties as requested by management
- High School or GED preferred
- At least one year of relevant driving experience is required
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision
- Must have a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet commercial driver qualification requirements, including being at least 21 years of age
Must be able to lift and/or move tires weighing between 30-100 lbs. with or without mechanical assistance. Operate forklift as required with proper certification. Environment is very hot during summer months and cold during winter months. Repetitive and sustained exertions, forceful exertions, awkward postures, mechanical stress concentrations, vibrations. Requires sitting and driving for long periods of time.
This job description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. TA Operating LLC reserves the right to revise the job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the incumbent or TA Operating LLC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
At TravelCenters of America, we’re leading how America’s highway travelers refresh, refuel and repair. Our mission is to return every traveler to the road better than they came, and this isn’t possible without each of our team members. If you're an enthusiastic team player, thrive on the challenge of a fast-paced work environment and are looking for a rewarding career, we would like to talk with you.
Travel Centers Caters to Military Veterans
TravelCenters of America/ Petro Stopping | Bowling Green, Ohio
TravelCenters of America/ Petro Stopping | Perrysburg, Ohio
TravelCenters of America/ Petro Stopping | North Baltimore, Ohio
Love's Travel Stops | Perrysburg, Ohio
American Electric Power Service Corp. | Findlay, Ohio
Amtrak, National Passenger Corp. | Toledo, Ohio
Love's Travel Stops | North Baltimore, Ohio