Under the supervision of the Recreation Specialist, Lead, the Recreation Specialist perform duties in support of the LOGCAP V's mission. The function of these facilities is a well-rounded fitness, sports and recreational program designed to enhance the morale and physical welfare of base personnel. Plans, organizes and directs comprehensive public and voluntary recreation programs at the LOGCAP V's Fitness Centers.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Perform duties in support of the LOGCAP V's mission.
- Function of these facilities is a well-rounded fitness, sports and recreational program designed to enhance the morale and physical welfare of base personnel.
- Plans, organizes and directs comprehensive public and voluntary recreation programs at the LOGCAP V's Fitness Centers.
- Incumbent could work indoors and outdoors and is subject to prolonged standing and exposure to sun.
- Position is subject to uncommon tour of duty including holidays, weekends and nights.
- Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years technical experience
- CPR/AED and First Aid certified by an internationally accredited organization.
- Must be able to read/write and speak English.
- Strong Customer Service Skills and Programming Execution
- CPR/AED/First Aid
- Personal Trainer Certification highly desirable.
- Must attend and pass the Military Fitness Specialist Course within 180 days of hire.
- Ability to carry out recreational activities; maintain accurate records and prepare necessary reports.
- Ability to understand recreational programs; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; give instructions in assigned recreation activities.
- Ability to maintain discipline and enforce safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other staff and the general public.
- Capable of carrying supplies weighing 10 to 50 pounds to various field and playing locations.
- Requires ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical, or biological agents.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.