Under the supervision of the Postal Supervisor, the Postal Clerk - 71F(E4)(K) provide postal support and oversight for Vectrus Contractors Mail Room in accordance with US Postal Service, DOD and Army regulations. Provides customer service, receive, process, and dispatch bulk volume of mail.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Receives and safeguards incoming mail; verify mail parcels for incoming mail manifest and sign for custody of the mail.
- Ensures Vectrus Mail room is in compliance with required inspections and performs monthly audits.
- Maintains accountable receipts, mail orderly cards, and change of address cards.
- Maintains key control and company property accountability.
- Unload mail truck, sort direct mail bags and outside piece (OSP) mail by authorized APO camps for loading in APO camp’s trucks or assigned units for pick-up by unit mail clerks.
- Separate accountable mail from ordinary mail. Ensure all Registered mail is accounted for and immediately moved to the Registry room for security and further processing.
- If x-ray machine is available, randomly X-ray selected mailbags and parcels, and suspicious mail for incendiary explosive devices and other prohibited items, notify supervisor.
- Open worker mailbags and letter trays, and sort mail by authorized APOs or assigned units. In process all service mail i.e. insured, certified on a postal required delivery form.
- Conduct unit mail call at prescribed time and provide the necessary customer assistance to the unit mail clerks.
- Distribute incoming mail to authorized unit mail clerks and ensure unit mail clerk sign for custody of service mail i.e. insured, certified, except Registered mail. Receive from the unit mail clerks re-direct all unclaimed mail for forwarding to correct location.
- Process incoming Registered mail for delivery and ensure only the unit or addressee sign for receipt of their Registered mail.
- Separate and re-wrap mail parcel received in damaged condition and re-seal envelopes received in opened condition. Endorse the damaged or unopened mail.
- Perform directory service function on mail and use the Standard Pouching and Routing Instructions (SPRINT) and Consolidated Air Massing and Labeling Scheme (CAMALS) charts to forward mail to appropriate locations.
- Receive outgoing official mail from the base installation official mail section.
- Operate or learn to operate Point of Sales system to provide postal finance services to authorized patrons.
- Provide customer services to authorized patrons.
- Perform general housekeeping and ensures Vectrus Mail room is in compliance with required inspections.
- Performs other related tasks assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Must be CAC eligible and/or able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a U. S. Government Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and host nation Driver’s License, is required.
- Military postal (school or on-the-job training), USPS training, commercial cargo shipping, parcel handling/warehousing, and/or mail room distribution training are preferred.
- Operate or ability to learn how to operate forklifts (2K to 10K models), pallet jack, Stacker and Electric Pallet Jack.
- Operate or ability to learn how to operate an electric belt or gravity-feed conveyor system.
- Familiar or become familiar with some general military postal and USPS terminologies.
- Safeguarding restricted area from unauthorized personnel.
- Computer experience using Microsoft software to include WORD, Excel, and other related applications is preferred.
OCN Qualifications/Experience Requirements:
- Must be able to read/write and speak English.
- Warehouse environment, observe appropriate safety requirements.
- Basic 48 hours per week work schedule, Saturday through Thursday,
- Maintain professionalism in appearance, verbal, and actions.
- Must be able to work in a dusty austere environment with extremely hot temperatures in the summer and moderately cold temperature in the winter.
- Vision must be able to read fine print.
- Capable of lifting up to 70 pounds, able to stoop, bend, and crawl if necessary.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.