Using a variety of hand and power tools; constructs, repairs, restores, and installs structural woodwork and related materials. Exhibits superior workmanship and focuses on a quality end product. Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure all tasks are accomplished correctly and safely. Ensures all tasks are performed in accordance with local Environmental, Safety & Health directives. Addresses customer concerns in a prompt, professional and courteous manner. Uses a Computer Maintenance Management System (Maximo) to correctly capture data related to maintenance work orders, preventative maintenance inspections, and emergency/urgent customer requests. Ensures personnel correctly capture data on maintenance work order requests and preventative maintenance inspection forms for upload into the Maximo database.
- Responsible to perform all assigned duties as safely and efficiently as possible to maintain a safe work environment.
- Performs a wide variety of carpentry related tasks, including new construction, remodeling, renovation and demolition.
- Constructs, repairs, restores and installs structures such as floors, doors, walls, windows, stairways, furniture, cabinets, shelves, and roofs.
- Builds forms, frames, ceilings and roofs with common materials to include lumber, plywood, wafer board, sheetrock, steel studs, foam board and cement board.
- Fabricates items according to designs, blueprints, drawings and sketches.
- Repairs or reconstructs damaged wood stairs, floors, frames, rafters, joists, trusses to conform with building codes.
- Installs tile, vinyl, carpet, windows, doors and drywall.
- Repair doors, roofs, ceilings, stairs, floors, windows and roll-up doors.
- Cleans equipment, shop area, and work site area.
- Performs other duties or assignments as required.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Requires vocational training required in the Carpenter field or equivalent
- Minimum of five to eight (5 – 8) years’ experience in the Carpenter field required.
- Must have an excellent understanding of all safety directives and polices regarding the maintenance of carpenter equipment.
- General knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in the carpentry trade.
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Requires a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation, and teamwork.
- Must exercise discretion and good sound judgment.
- Physical requirements include lifting, climbing, extended sitting or standing, or other physical efforts that are normally required.
- In addition, visual acuity, hearing and speaking requirements would be considered.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.