Social Worker PRN - Military Veterans
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
Our Case Management teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune’s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
The Social Worker is responsible for assessing the psychological, social, cultural and/or financial needs that impact the patient's health and recovery. Job tasks and responsibilities include:
- Utilizes social services, counseling and clinical knowledge in the assessment of patient needs
- Responsible and accountable for coordination of services through an interdisciplinary process which provides a clinical and psychosocial approach through the continuum of care and balances individually identified patients and family needs with the efficacious and cost effective utilization of resources.
- Through concurrent case management, patients will be assessed to determine appropriateness of admission, continued hospitalization, as well as appropriate level of care.
- Assesses and reassesses discharge planning needs throughout the course of hospitalization.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Job qualifications include:
- Current state licensure as a Social Worker required.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work required. Master of Social Work preferred.
- Previous social work experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, dental, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.