Under supervision of the IT Service Desk Supervisor, the IT Service Desk Lead is responsible for providing hardware and software on-site and remote support, this position requires an experienced multi-discipline technologist capable of working independently and as part of a local and corporate team. Receives trouble reports for IT equipment and software via telephone, email, and service tickets. Assesses problem reports, performs corrective actions in accordance with enterprise work instructions, and delivers deskside support to internal customers, both in-person and via remote support tools. Baselines and deploys new equipment to users. Trains company personnel in technology solutions. Serves as a technical resource. Provides problem-solving support to computer users.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Primary support and interface with site Information Management to ensure all Service Desk resources are utilized in the most efficient manner.
- Assists customers with daily functions of computer, network, and software management for the site and all users.
- Provides immediate response to all customers who come to the Service Desk.
- Provides person to person interaction involves troubleshooting, information exchange and help with ticket submission and issues.
- Provides telephone customer support for incoming and follow up calls used for initial troubleshooting.
- Remedy call management software and other tools, to log and manage trouble tickets.
- Must have the technical ability to accurately determine call routing for trouble tickets that cannot be resolved immediately at the Service Desk.
- Creates logon and email accounts for customers as needed.
- Manages Network Services with Server Manager, Print Queue Management
- Works within a small continuous improvement focused team.
- Tracks and documents work performed to allow accurate reporting of all Service Desk activities.
- Completes all tasks and assignments as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Utilizes Windows account management tools to perform account administration, password changes, group changes, and account expiration date changes.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required
- Other Technical IT Duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required. Use the guide below to determine education and experience for this position.
- Associate degree. Equivalent experience may be considered as a substitute.
- Must be CAC eligible and/or obtain a CAC Card
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a U. S. Government Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and host nation Driver’s License, is required.
- Three years IT Service Desk Technician experience.
- CompTIA A+, ITIL Foundation, Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate, HDI-CSR, MCSA Windows 10
- ITSM and/or CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+ certification a plus.
- Provides IT support for resolution of technical problems related to windows environments and windows applications, e-mail, database and security products.
- Ability to isolate problem trends and troubleshoots recurring problems to find permanent solutions.
- Ability to determine desktop and hardware related issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical, or biological agents.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.
Vectrus | ,