The AutoCAD Designer / Draftsman is responsible for aiding in the development of project specific details and the preparation and coordination of clear, concise drawings and design work for new construction, renovation and improvement projects for real property facilities, including utility systems. The AutoCAD Designer / Draftsman shall also function as the Surveyor/Mapper to provide clear, concise surveyor/mapping data for commercial and industrial buildings. The qualified candidate will work with a team of government and contract engineers to ensure customer satisfaction and successful project completion.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Assist in all AutoCAD drafting to include preparing conceptual studies and sketches that indicate pertinent design features, material, equipment and specifications.
- Provide feedback to engineers during the design process on constructability and maintainability of projects.
- Create architectural, electrical, mechanical, structural, and civil design drawings using AutoCAD and be knowledgeable in engineering tables, plans, and specifications.
- Shall be capable of accepting engineering concept sketches, existing redlined drawings, and schematics to prepare detailed finished drawings.
- Shall work with communications squadron to install, maintain, operate and troubleshoot large format plotters.
- Take initiative to continually improve performance and work processes through feedback, problem solving and generating new ideas.
- Must be able to multitask and work in a high paced environment. Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible for communicating and upholding company standards, leading by example, working as a team and providing clean, friendly and well-maintained work centers.
- May be required to travel to areas in the local area outside of the military installation to verify design requirements and quality of work being performed.
- Responsible for following a comprehensive quality and safety program in compliance with Vectrus, OSHA and United States Air Force (USAF) requirements.
- Responsible for following a comprehensive, flexible, and properly documented training program.
- Responsible for proper utilization and safeguarding of all government and contractor provided property (e.g., to include government facilities, equipment and tools).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Must be CAC eligible and/or able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- High school diploma or equivalent. Must provide a copy of the diploma.
- A minimum of three years of experience surveying and drafting with at least one year of experience working with recent versions of AutoCAD.
- Experience working with architectural, civil, mechanical and electrical plans.
- Must be knowledgeable of engineering tables, plans and specifications, and must have working knowledge of computer networks.
- Be capable of accepting engineering concept sketches, existing redlined drawings, and schematics to prepare detailed finished drawings.
- Military experience in a contingency environment and knowledge and experience working with government contracts preferred.
- Excellent computer, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills required.
- Computer skills include a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Requires excellent organizational skills; with the ability to work under fast paced and adverse conditions.
- Proficient with AutoCAD 2021 or newer versions.
- Must be capable of creating or updating space usage information contained in S-Files.
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the
- winter and 130 degrees in the summer months). Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and
- hearing protective devices. Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.