Registered Nurse Renal PCU - Military Veterans
Fort Worth, TX
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
New Hires may receive up to $10,000 Sign On Bonus and up to $3,000 Relocation Bonus .
Sign On Bonus Eligibility
- Acute care positions will require at least 1 year of Acute care experience.
- At least 1 year of experience is required in the specialty for which the new hire is being hired into, and that experience must be within the last 5 years.
- Any Sign On Bonus exceptions must be reviewed/approved by the site HRVP.
Top 1% transplant team in the nation with world-renown physicians
Shortest transplant waitlist in the nation
New growing comprehensive liver program with frequent education opportunities
Beautiful recently renovated unit
Close-knit staff with hospital-wide reputation for teamwork and friendliness
Inpatient transplant ICU step down unit.
Receive fresh kidney and liver transplant patients from ICU, care for pre and post-transplant patients and clean PCU overflow
120+ kidney transplants per year, est. 10-12 liver transplants per year.
Average daily census of unit 12-16 patients
Works closely with CVICU to prep, recover, and move patients based on acuity
Bedside RN caring for PCU, pre and post-transplant patients, kidney and liver evaluation patients
Comprehensive transplant education takes several months. Nurse will start taking stable PCU patients and advance as competent to take higher acuity transplant patients.
Provide competent care and excellent customer service. Performance measured by patient outcomes, service excellence, error reporting, and teamwork
- 320-bed MAGNET facility
- Established in 1974, Medical City Fort Worth is part of Medical City Healthcare, one of the region’s largest, most comprehensive health care providers.
- Offering comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services, including cardiac care, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, kidney transplant surgery, and emergency care…Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Our greatest honor doesn’t come just from awards. It comes from helping people live happier, healthier lives through cutting-edge diagnostic treatment and exceptional patient care.
A few of the benefits we provide you:
Industry Leading Clinical Training and Professional Academy - Emerging Leaders
Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
401K (3 to 9% based on tenure)
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance.
New Extended Family Leave
Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Hundreds of consumer discounts
Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner
- GRADUATED FROM AN ACCREDITED SCHOOL OF NURSING WITH A BSN TEXAS OR COMPACT RN LICENSURE OR ABLE TO OBTAIN
- American Heart BLS AND ACLS
- ICU, PCU, or surgical experience
- Ability to Care for 3-4:1 patient ratios
- Ability to multitask and cope with frequent care plan changes
- Certification, PCCN or CCTN
- Transplant experience
- Experience with immunocompromised patients
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Fort Worth, TX
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.