This position is CONTINGENT upon funding, an open position, customer approval, completion of a favorable background investigation, and the ability to obtain and maintain a USPS sensitive clearance.
An analyst is needed with experience in Security Operations Centers (SOC), Cyber Security Operations Centers (CSOC), and Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT). The ideal candidate for this CSOC Analyst job will be an experienced information security practitioner who is goal-oriented and strives to exceed expectations.
This position could support any of the following shifts below (based on customer needs/requirements):
Tour 1: 11:30 PM - 8:00 AM
Weekend 1: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Weekend 2: 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM
Evening Shift: 3:30PM - 12:00AM (midnight)
Day Shift: 7 - 4:00PM
Job responsibilities will include:
- Participates in a team of Security operations engineers investigating alerts, anomalies, errors, intrusions, malware, etc. to identify the responsible, determine remediation, and recommend security improvements
- Follows precise analytical paths to determine the nature and extent of problems being reported by tools, e-mails, etc
- Follows strict guidance on reporting requirements
- Keeps management informed with precise, unvarnished information about security posture and events
- Promotes standards-based workflow both internally and in coordinating with US-CERT
- Engages with other internal and external parties to get and share information to improve processes and security posture
- Supervises and guide team efforts
- Communicates to CISO leadership
- Produces design documentation
- Leads analyzing/investigating reports or anomalies
- Must be eligible to obtain a sensitive clearance ___ Position of Public Trust ___ and may be required to obtain a higher security clearance
- 2+ years of relevant work experience and a Bachelor's degree for a G07
- Knowledge of networking protocols and security implications
- Knowledge of IP networking and network security including Intrusion Detection
- Ensuring firewall security standards are met
- Extensive Windows, Linux, Database, Application, Web server, etc. log analysis
- Trouble ticket generation and processing experience
- Extensive experience troubleshooting security reports on Linux, Windows, routers, firewalls, applications, etc.
- Experience scripting with PowerShell, bash/ksh/sh, Cisco IOS.sh, JunOS sh/csh, Perl, Tcl, Lua
- Familiarity with common network vulnerability/penetration testing tools including, but not limited to, Metasploit, vulnerability scanners, Kali Linux, and Nmap.
- Some experience with system hardening guidance and tools
- Splunk experience, developing queries, data models, and dashboards
- Cloud monitoring experience is a plus
- Excellent writing skills
Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Engineering, Science or a related field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree-level education.
Certifications (one or more desired):
DOD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level II; CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH), Sec+, SFCP, GCIA, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CSLC, CISM, or CCNA
* Relocation assistance is not provided.
* This is a full-time salaried position.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon: Aspiring to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems company through our world-class people, innovation and technology
Raytheon Company is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 91 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services.