Essential Duties and Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and track store financial performance, cash control, inventory, safety, customer service and management of entire staff.
- Support assistant manager in the execution of all company initiatives.
- Lead by example and ensure the entire staff is providing superior customer service.
- Ensure price integrity is maintained to comply with weights and measures.
- Ensure compliance to applicable labor laws, legal requirements, company policy, and the collective bargaining agreement.
- Maintain positive working relationships with direct reports, peers, vendors, union officials, and corporate office personnel.
- Ensure marketing initiatives, plano-grams, and store conditions are compliant with the corporate standard.
- Prioritize, plan and coordinate work activities for the entire staff using effective time management skills.
- Ensure store is well stocked and product is rotated accordingly using a state of the art replenishment system.
- Establish and maintain a friendly hospitable harassment-free work environment.
- Motivate and lead others to perform a variety of tasks that all lead to one common objective.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Six months of prior work experience with Duane Reade, with a performance evaluation on file or one year of prior retail work experience as a retail key carrier or shift leader (external candidates).
- Willingness to work flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours.
- “Achieves expectations” rating on last performance review.
- Prefer the knowledge of store inventory control.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list.
Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
Walgreens is the the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (WBA), and WBA is currently ranked No. 1 in the Food and Drug Industry list of Fortune's World Most Admired Companies (2019), and has been included on this list as WBA (or previously as Walgreen Co.) for the past 26 consecutive years.