Fabricator - Military Veterans
North Aurora, IL
All duties are performed in a work-safe manner; plant safety rules are followed and individual works as a team member.
This mechanical position will travel through the Greater Chicagoland LafargeHolcim Aggregate locations.
- Diagnose and repair parts for HME and processing plant including but not limited to dozer blades, excavator buckets, A-frames, catwalks, etc.
- Execute provided cut sheet design
- Develop and schedule repair program for various HME components
- Assist with steel ordering and inventory management
- Good housekeeping practices; good attitude and team working capabilities
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High School diploma/GED
Additional Education Preferred: Choose an item.
Required Work Experience: 5 years related experience
Travel Requirements: 50% Chicagoland area
- Must pass all plant minimum required hiring qualifications.
- Work well in a team and a minimum supervised setting.
- Must be willing to work holidays, weekends various shifts and overtime as directed.
- Demonstrated ability for positive contributions when working within teams.
- Must be willing to accept change and strive for improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to operate mobile equipment.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Possess communication skills.
- CDL preferred
Schedule: Flexible limited to 60 hours per week
Prerequisite Training and Experience:
In order to perform and qualify for this job, LafargeHolcim requires the person must have at least 5 years of related experience including but not limited to:
- Limited machinist skills, able to read precision measurement instruments.
- Welding and fabrication skills: welding with arc and gas (certificate)
- Must provide own set of mechanics hand tools.
- MSHA Part 48 trained highly preferred
- Flexibility to work in dedicated fab shop or on site at various mining environments (Sand & Gravel, Quarry, Underground)
While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to travel through a Aggregate plant, i.e. walk over obstacles, climb stairs and ladders, lift heavy or awkward parts, wear personal protective equipment (hardhat, safety glasses, fall protection, respirators etc.). The employee will at times be exposed to extremely hot/cold, dusty, noisy, or dark situations. At times, work will be performed at great heights or in small confined spaces.
North Aurora, IL
It is an exciting time to work in the building materials sector. The world is facing a process of rapid urbanization accompanied by increased pressure on strategic resources (water, raw materials, energy). As the new leader of our industry, LafargeHolcim is seeking to recruit, develop, and retain the best talent to help us meet the challenges and opportunities of the future. We need people eager to grow to their full potential while delivering value to our shareholders, customers, and society in general. Read more: https://www.lafargeholcim.us/join-us-help-world-build-better
Follow us: @LafargeHolcim on Twitter | LafargeHolcim on Facebook