Section Transportation Specialist - Dispatcher JTF - Military Veterans
Assists with all dispatching and all operational duties in the Section Transportation Department.
- Reports all mechanical issues to repair facility.
- Monitors and update status of preventative maintenance work for JTF fleet.
- Responsible in ordering fleet parts.
- Prepares Daily Status report, and various types of fleet maintenance records and documentation.
- Assists in maintaining shop facilities and equipment.
- Maintain service logs and records on Vectrus Maximo System and Government Maximo.
- Provides customer support and quality assurance.
- Maintains service logs and records of JTF fleet on GCSS Army Plant 2000 system.
- Provides 24/7 on-call fleet maintenance support for assigned shift.
- Maintains operational equipment assets.
- High School Graduate. One year of experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Three (3) years' progressive professional experience on transportation activities, automotive repair industry.
- Familiar automotive repairs references and terminology.
- Familiar with OBD II diagnostic systems, repair time guide references.
- Familiar various mechanical principles as applied to power transmission and braking systems (Air and Hydraulic), engine electrical systems and hydraulics.
- Able to diagnose fault determination through systematic troubleshooting of hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Must be able to set the standard for professional excellence customer service
- IT oriented, proficient software for Microsoft Excel and Word.
- ASE Certifications (Desirable)
- Work is generally conducted in outdoor repair facility however, duties may occasionally involve working outside, or in vehicle maintenance bay with a potential exposure to extreme temperatures and noises. Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices. Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
- Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.