Mechanical Engineer - Military Veterans
- Review user requirement specification (URS) and create Engineering functional specifications for the system and subsystems
- Create Requirement specifications for standard modules like Drive system, Rotary unions, Heating system etc
- Sizing of standard items, supplier selection, procurement and manufacturing supports, involve in inspection and testing, includes FAT, and review of the supplier’s quality protocols like DQ, IQ, OQ and PQ.
- Involve in system and subsystem validation, includes test plan, procedure, test stand design and development, define, coordinate, perform testing and documenting the test reports with limited supervision
- Develop, design, or modify mechanical engineering concept/layouts/schematics and/or detailed drawings/specifications of difficult scope
- Provide solution to a variety of engineering problems involving, Pharma powder handling, containment system, Vacuum sealing, cleaning, Material transfer, gas flow, thermal management, and structural strength.
- Experience in selecting suitable materials to comply with Pharma requirement, includes Structural components, sheet metal, Sealing materials, lubricants, Fasteners, fittings etc
- Product Design & Drafting of Machined/Structural/fabricated/ Sheet metal components using CAD tools (UG NX, Inventor, Creo)
- Perform engineering analysis of difficult scope with limited supervision. Analyze simple FEA problems / hand calculations.
- Technically lead and/or execute engineering projects, including development of key suppliers. Generate mechanical product specifications.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of custom mechanical tooling, fixturing, and associated processes to enable the handling, assembly and/or disassembly of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies throughout the product life cycle. Establishes standards across all operational processes
- Specify and review engineering documentation
- Implements concepts for variety of complex product issues and mechanical solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical engineering.
- Master’s degree preferred
- 6 - 10 Years of Experience
- Previous work experience to include mechanical engineering experience in Pharma equipment design and manufacturing environment
- Knowledge in Vacuum Sciences – Advantage
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering design, Heat Transfer, should have understanding of engineering drawings, GD&T/ASME standards, Materials & Manufacturing processes, Numerical Methods, Auto CAD, TCE, UG NX/Inventor and analysis
- Good knowledge on materials – ferrous & non-ferrous metals, Ceramics, particularly used in pharma application
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Clear thinking, Good Communication skills and ability to collaborate with Global teams.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
Years of Experience:7 - 10 Years
Travel:Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A global leader in the nanomanufacturing technology solutions for the electronics industry, Applied Materials is built on the strength of talented people. We offer a wide variety of job opportunities for experienced professionals and recent college students/graduates that will capitalize on your current skills while broadening your experience and engaging you in a dynamic, fast-changing industry.
Here, you will work in community to achieve a common goal and encounter exciting new challenges every day. Our company is continually evolving: implementing innovations to make semiconductors more portable, powerful, and affordable than ever before.