Shipping Lead - Military Veterans
Overall Responsibilities: This position reports to and works closely with the Shipping/Receiving Supervisors to answer customer and vendor inquiries, assist in the shipping/receiving process, and provide order management or materials group with information, primarily through daily clerical activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure upcoming hourly employee vacations are covered
- Update attendance checklist
- Monitor productivity
- Cross train others to fill in on other jobs
- Help organize returned goods
- Work closely with new leads and other departments
- Monitor downtime and document
- Update vacation calendar
- Be proficient at running all shifts
- Train all the staff on each job
- Coordinate the work of all workers as directed by Supervisor
- Department organization and housekeeping
- Encourage and motivate team members, work well with subordinates and coworkers
- Set yourself apart as a leader from your subordinates and lead by example
- Provide clear and precise instructions
- Respond to all management needs and instructions
- Handle all issues professionally and do not engage in any verbal arguments and altercations with coworkers or subordinates
- Be a champion for Koch Filter
- Adhere to the Company’s confidentiality policy and Managements’ instructions
- Team Leaders must have exceptional attendance.
- Perform other duties directed by the supervisor.
- Must know and follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain warehouse housekeeping and 5S.
- Perform these and other comparable related duties as instructed by management.
- Participate in all HPT functions
- Maintains shipping/receiving related documents either hard copy or computer based, that are well organized, accurate, easily accessible, and in accordance with set departmental standards as well as being ISO compliant.
- Creates and updates system information related to the shipping/receiving department accurately and in a timely manner.
- Orders shipping/receiving related supplies as required preventing possibility of shortages.
- Prepares, processes and distributes documents such as picking tickets, bills of lading, packing lists, route sheets, field returns, etc. Checks receipts for accuracy.
- Receives purchase orders and part returns in the system, documenting issues related to those receipts.
- Operates standard office equipment including Personal Computer, FAX, copier, scanner, other carrier’s PC based systems, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position also requires a broad knowledge of warehouse management systems. The individual must have a demonstrated knowledge of warehouse procedures including but not limited to, warehouse layout, maintaining warehouse inventory accuracy, safe material loading both in the warehouse and within a trailer, knowledge of load closing and the discipline to maintain productivity and efficiency in an environment with little direct supervision.
A GLOBAL LEADER
The future is being built today, and Johnson Controls is making that future more productive, more secure and more sustainable. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. At its core, that promise is about delivering innovation that make people’s lives – and the world – better.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Explore our site to learn how our innovative solutions are driving the future of urban efficiency.