Under supervision of the Plumber, Lead, the Plumber maintains and repairs pipes systems, plumbing fixtures, and appurtenances. Installs, tests, troubleshoots, and repairs pipe systems designed to conduct the flow of water, sewage, and industrial wastes.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Maintains and repairs pipes systems, plumbing fixtures, and appurtenances. Installs, tests, troubleshoots, and repairs pipe systems designed to conduct the flow of water, sewage, and industrial wastes.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High school diploma and trade school and apprentices certificate required. Must provide a copy of the diploma or certificates.
- Must be able to obtain a Driver’s License.
- Capable of effectively communicating technical information in English, both written and verbally.
- Minimum of three (4) years of directly related work experience required. Experience with installation, assembly, and repair of pipes, fittings, and fixtures for heating, water, and drainage systems.
- Current plumbing licensure required.
- Must be able to read/write and speak English
- Collaborative work style fostering cooperation and teamwork.
- Prioritize responsibilities to handle a demanding workload
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be capable of working in an extreme weather conditions with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Indoor and/or outdoor environment with very adverse and harsh conditions (i.e., hot, dry, duty, desert environment with average temperatures of 30 degrees in the winter and 130 degrees in the summer months).
- Includes some industrial production environment conditions as well.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical, or biological agents.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes, but is not limited to, head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Vectrus is a leading global government services company with a history in the services market that dates back more than 70 years. The company provides facility and base operations; supply chain and logistics services; information technology mission support; and engineering and digital integration services to U.S. government customers around the world. Vectrus is differentiated by operational excellence, superior program performance, a history of long-term customer relationships and a strong commitment to their customers' mission success. Vectrus is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and includes about 6,700 employees spanning 129 locations in 22 countries. In 2018, Vectrus generated sales of $1.3 billion. To learn about career opportunities at Vectrus, visit www.vectrus.com/careers.